Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Accupower 1-8.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    So Mike checked them out at Shot and he thinks that they are ok for the money, but to keep their 1-6 VCOG in mind which is a grand more we would recommend other options that are slightly less like the Burris XTR II 1-8 (much cheaper but excellent for the price) or Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6 (Great overall, very durable but slightly heavy) or slightly more for the fantastic Kahles K16i 1-6x24 SM1 (Best overall LPV IMO and the price dropped to just $1,999)
    I think a comma or period is missing which is causing me a bit of trouble understanding your comment. Are you saying the 1-8 was ok for the money but the V-Cog is still a relevant option despite being a grand more? And the less expensive options of the Burris and Vortex are good values?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    And this is what happens when I get a phone call and didn't finish what I was saying and I don't like how I phrased that sentence anyway. Long story short, I think there are better options in a similar price range than either Trijicon scopes discussed above IMO. YMMV
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

A Burris over a Trijicon?

Any chance we can get some more specifics from Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    A Burris over a Trijicon?
    There's different tiers of Burris, just like there's different tiers of Trijicon or Vortex for example.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Any chance we can get some more specifics from Mike?
    I've been slammed the last few days and wanted to post more on this topic. With him only seeing the optic indoors for a short time it could be slightly deceiving but he said the optic didn't wow him anymore than the Burris XTR II 1-8 which is ~40% less retail though the Trijicon does 'seem' more rugged. Now about LPV's in general, let me explain my perspective.

We carry LPV's from the $329 Vortex Strike Eagle, the $1,999 Kahles K16i 1-6 (Still my favorite LPV), $3,300 Minox ZP8 1-8 and many in between. The higher quality 1-6's like the Kahles, Swaro or even the Vortex still look better edge to edge in clarity, flatness of the image and eye box than even the best 1-8's currently on the market.
    A few points:
    1. Both the Burris XTR II 1-8 and (I believe) Trijicon Accupower 1-8 are made in Japan by Light Optical Works and seem to have similar quality in glass without comparing them side by side.
    2. The retail on them is $999.00 for the Burris and ~$1,445.00 for the Trijicon, it's up to the individual to decide if it's worth the extra money.
    3. Swarovski who took full control of Kahles lowered the K16i 1-6 this year to $1,999.00 which I feel is the best overall LPV period.
    4. I still prefer Second Focal Plane when it comes to LPV's as the reticle on 1 power is too small IMO, Burris gives you the choice of either FFP or SFP while the Trijicon is FFP only. I've only had the Burris 1-8's either in FFP or SFP in stock, never at the same time and prefer the SFP after going back and forth.
    5. I also prefer a simple reticle for a LPV and the Trijicon is a little busy from the reticle pics I see.
    6. The FFP Burris 1-8 and Trijicon 1-8 illuminated reticle is not as bright as I'd like at 1 power, the SFP Burris is a Red Dot in the center of the cross hair.
    7. It's hard to go wrong with the above mentioned Burris, Trijicon, Vortex or Kahles but for my money I'd get a 1-6 Kahles or Vortex over the 1-8 Trijicon or Burris.

I hope this clears up some confusion as I'm trying to answer the phone and emails while getting this posted in a timely manner.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

More info we previously posted on the Burris for people who missed it.

Check out the Burris Optics Company​ XTR II 1-8x24mm w/ Illum Ballistic Circle Dot Front Focal Plane! MAP is $999.00 Call us at 916.670.1103 for Pistol-Forum pricing:
    https://www.cstactical.com/burris-xt...e-dot-ffp.aspx

Mike mounted up a BURRIS XTRII 1-8x this weekend. It worked great and for the price it's even more impressive. Pics taken with an iPhone 7.

The RAMs are at 550yds at 1x

Here's the reticle illuminated at 1x

The RAMs are at 550yds at 8x

Here's the reticle illuminated at 8x
    A video on the SFP Burris 1-8
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

I tried to take a quick pic (They are difficult to take the way I did and the glare is with the sun behind me) to compare the Burris XTR II 1-8x24 First Focal Plane vs. Second Focal Plane illumination which isn't the best representation as the SFP is much brighter and easier to pick up to the naked eye and is nearly Aimpoint bright than shows.
    FFP
    Name:  120024D1-CA9B-4F20-99AD-376A952D4BEA.jpg
Views: 4114
Size:  54.5 KB
    SFP
    Name:  21096CCB-730E-44EF-ACA5-73442247EF85.jpg
Views: 7129
Size:  52.1 KB
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Where is the Burris built?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Where is the Burris built?
    Japan like the above Trijicon.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Does anyone think that the Trijicon being built in Japan detracts from its quality?

User Tag List