Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Case Against .45 Auto.

Nine mil kills cheaper
    Forty Five destroys the soul
    Pie Are Round. Cornbread, square
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I know there have been a couple of fairly high profile slap fights on PF recently, but in case anyone thinks that's the new normal and that's what we're all about here, they are mistaken. In short, take that shit to Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/4Chan or wherever the fuck it's acceptable for people to behave that way. Or really, anywhere but here. I don't care.

Cranky mod is cranky.
    I think we need an emergency Pfestivus.

I reload 9mm and .45 for within 3-4 (i think?) cents per round of each other. I'm paying... ehh.... 14-15 cents per round for 9mm and 16-17 cents for .45 I think? .45 is fun to shoot and it's great beating 9mm shooters in steel matches with it
    Last edited by Foxtrotx1; 01-23-2017 at 04:12 AM.

I used to shoot .45 exclusively due to the cost savings.

One case of .45 Blazer aluminum was $330.

One case of 9mm Blazer aluminum was $210, but every night I had to spend one hour reminding people on the internet that 9mm was just as good, billed at $7.25 per hour, resulting in a total cost of $427.50.

Eventually, I saved so much money I could finally afford to stop shooting and roll with my own PSD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    I used to shoot .45 exclusively due to the cost savings.

One case of .45 Blazer aluminum was $330.

One case of 9mm Blazer aluminum was $210, but every night I had to spend one hour reminding people on the internet that 9mm was just as good, billed at $7.25 per hour, resulting in a total cost of $427.50.

Eventually, I saved so much money I could finally afford to stop shooting and roll with my own PSD.

Fucking win!

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I drive a Crown Vic. It gets 20 mpg around town and 27 mpg highway. Not as economical as a Prius, but I'm comfortable, there's room for my 1911 and my dignity remains intact
    Tell me more about this 27mpg Crown Vic. My dad's Grandpa Marquis never did better than 23 on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by pdb View Post
    Tell me more about this 27mpg Crown Vic. My dad's Grandpa Marquis never did better than 23 on the highway.
    Somehow I got lucky. I think part of it is because it's a basic model which would make it lighter than most other Crown Vics and that I run nothing but synthetic oil in the engine. It's been driven up and down the Left coast, across the country and all over the western states. It regularly gets 27 mpg on the highway, even when cruising through Idaho at 85 mph. We took a trip to Kansas this last Thanksgiving and that netted us about 24 mpg. I think the drop had something to do with the snow tires.

I believe the Marquis, with it's superior sound deadening and better options, is generally heavier than the CV. Your dad is getting good mileage for a Marquis. My brother would be doing the Snoopy Dance if his got 23 mpg highway. He's happy when his gets 20 mpg highway
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Crown Vics are awesome.

User Tag List