Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case Against .45 Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    http://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger?c...=1000&ca=brass
    http://ammoseek.com/ammo/45acp?co=new&nr=1000&ca=brass

Yes, I did see before my post that you mentioned that you were using PMC pricing from LG. Again, what I am saying is that you (inadvertently or not) skewed the "data" with this selection, making your conclusion even less valuable or informational.

Again, you, I or anyone else who can order ammo online can get blazer brass (comparable to PMC) for example at 9mm-$191/1000 or .45-$270/1000 prior to shipping.
    18.5 cents per round vs 26.5 cents for .45 Auto does not change the underlying economic cost relationship.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I think we are all forgetting the important point that with a .45, you don't even have to be a good shot. You just wing 'em and destroy them and their entire family.

That right there equals less ammo needed, making .45 the clear economic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    I think we are all forgetting the important point that with a .45, you don't even have to be a good shot. You just wing 'em and destroy them and their entire family.

That right there equals less ammo needed, making .45 the clear economic choice.
    Just racking the slide alone is enough to have bad guys fleeing. You don't even have to expend any of your ammo!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Meh! 45 cause Merica!

I can and do still shoot 45. EDC is a HK45C.
    I guess I am not a cool kid. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    18.5 cents per round vs 26.5 cents for .45 Auto does not change the underlying economic cost relationship.

Is anyone claiming that .45 is cheaper than 9mm? I still, similar to others in this thread do not see the point of this thread...

A honda accord is typically more than a honda civic, a mansion is more than a shotgun shack etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    Is anyone claiming that .45 is cheaper than 9mm? I still, similar to others in this thread do not see the point of this thread...

A honda accord is typically more than a honda civic, a mansion is more than a shotgun shack etc etc etc
    And building skill with a .45 Auto has a greater marginal cost then a 9mm. Hopefully the value of knowing that graphically isn't lost on anyone,especially those wondering if they should train with a 45 versus a 9mm.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    And building skill with a .45 Auto has a greater marginal cost then a 9mm. Hopefully the value of knowing that graphically isn't lost on anyone,especially those wondering if they should train with a 45 versus a 9mm.
    Are you paying for it? No? Then why do you care?

As if every gun decision has t be based on some arbitrary training metric. Some folks just like a certain chambering over others because "reasons".

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Are you paying for it? No? Then why do you care?

As if every gun decision has t be based on some arbitrary training metric. Some folks just like a certain chambering over others because "reasons".

Chris
    It appears from the comments in this thread that being an economical marksman puts him in the minority.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I don't reload 9mm because it crosses the boundary of cost effectiveness. My time has value. I reload 45 because it makes it about he same price as shooting factory 9. So for me the costs are essentially the same.

This is also a prime example of needless excel usage. (I am a self-confessed excel junkie).

Instead of the entire table, you could have just done the following.

• Cost 12 months of 9mm, shooting 1000 rounds a month. $255 x 12 = $3,060
    • Cost 12 months of 45, shooting 1000 rounds a month. $455 x 12 = $5,460
    • Cost Difference. $5,460 - $3,060 = $2,400

Finally, I dont believe you understand "Percentage Difference" correctly.

If you meant "Percentage Difference" you would use the following formula.

apologies for bringing math to this gunfight, but you attempted it first.
    Last edited by fishing; 01-22-2017 at 03:39 PM.

User Tag List