Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934

I signed. I don't think it even has a chance of getting noticed (like the "Force President Trump to release his taxes" with 207k signatures), but more people pushing in the opposite direction as gun grabbers can't be a bad thing. As far as NFA, I'm not even opposed to the $200 tax, but the whole jumping through hoops and 6 month - 1 year process is asinine to the point that it feels intentionally discouraging. A repeal sounds good to me.

Doubt a repeal will happen.

Tax stamps and the hoops should be in place for full auto and or crew type firearms. SBR? SBS? Can? 4473.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Tax stamps and the hoops should be in place for full auto and or crew type firearms. SBR? SBS? Can? 4473.
    I would love a M2. I think everyone should have one for their truck.

Ma Deuce!

It will never happen. I am completely for it, but these petitions carry zero weight.

-Cory

Some folks would complain if they were hanged with a new rope...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I'm with voodoo on this. I think SBS, SBR and suppressors ought to be removed from the NFA and dealt with as standard firearms on a 4473. Machine guns and destructive devices/explosive rounds, I am a little less comfortable being available over the counter. We have pretty much kept legal ones out of the hands of bad guys with the current scheme. I think they should allow new registrations of all C&R machine guns at a minimum and really should allow new ones as well. I think we could probably modernize and streamline the process. My concern is that cheap submachine guns would quickly wind up in the hands of gangs and thugs who flocked to the cheap chinese AKs and SKSs when they arrived on our shores. I'm less worried about belt fed stuff that doesn't have much criminal application.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    My right to own a firearm shouldn't be infringed upon because a criminal might get his hands on one, especially considering the reason the 2A exists in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I'm with voodoo on this. I think SBS, SBR and suppressors ought to be removed from the NFA and dealt with as standard firearms on a 4473. Machine guns and destructive devices/explosive rounds, I am a little less comfortable being available over the counter. We have pretty much kept legal ones out of the hands of bad guys with the current scheme. I think they should allow new registrations of all C&R machine guns at a minimum and really should allow new ones as well. I think we could probably modernize and streamline the process. My concern is that cheap submachine guns would quickly wind up in the hands of gangs and thugs who flocked to the cheap chinese AKs and SKSs when they arrived on our shores. I'm less worried about belt fed stuff that doesn't have much criminal application.
    Re underlined/emboldened: While I do not believe it may cross any of the legislator's minds, I am really not interested in seeing technicals being created because of deregulated NFA standards. If a goat fucking turd eater can put one of them together its only a matter of time before the gang bangers realize they have destructive application CONUS. Hence my statements on auto/crew type firearms.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

As a tactical matter, I wouldn't try to completely deregulate full auto weapons now. Creates too much political ripple.

However, I have to tell you that in the 1980's crack wave, full auto Uzis (from South America) came to my town. The dealers from NYC would drive down on Friday nights, announce they were open for business by firing a burst in the air--said burst also informing the local potential competition not to mess with them. Those Uzis were totally illegal, and pretty soon the local dealers (who soon came to an arrangement with the NYC guys in which the NYC guys sold directly to them) bought their own.

And if you go back a little further, the Diamond Street gang in Philly was notorious in the late 60's early 70's for having a 20mm antitank gun and belt fed machine guns, which they used to intimidate their rivals. And, of course, in Mexico they have brought in shiploads of North Korean fully auto AK's.

So I understand the political reasons for not seeking to lift all NFA restrictions right now, but I think that history shows that it does little to nothing to prevent bad guys from getting full auto weapons. It is just another "let's pretend" law that politicians can use to claim they have made the country safer.

Urban thugs can get hands on a full auto Uzi faster then I can buy a legal 92FS magazine.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List