Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My Blunt First Impression of the SW MP2.0

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You get a chance to shoot any yet? I'd be curious to hear how it holds up to the collection you've got.
    I'm up to three now.

The first one is a great shooter. It put five different loads into 4" or less at 25 yards: 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr Speer Lawman, 124gr +P Gold Dot, and 147gr Federal HST. That's the gun the sear deactivation lever fell out of. Smith sent me a new lever and pin. They didn't ask me to send the gun in.

Encouraged by the accuracy reports on this forum and the results from my own gun, I picked up two more 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm's. Both have issues.

One shoots 124+P God Dot, 147gr HST, and 147gr Lawman FMJ well enough. Each of those loads will do 4" at 25 yards, but it's not as tight as the first gun with the JHP rounds. I couldn't get any of the other loads to print under 6" (115gr and 124gr Lawman). I may try some other loads to see if there's any other practice ammo it likes.

The third gun had three failures to eject in the fist 50 rounds. An empty case stayed in the chamber and a live round tried to feed behind the empty case. Two of the failures were with 124gr +P Gold Dot and one was with 147 HST. That gun couldn't put any of the loads mentioned above into less than 6" at 25 yards. It's on its way back to Smith. We'll see what they do with it.

Same old crap, different day. It's so dissapointing. I consistently shoot M&P's better than any other gun, but there's a good chance I'll need to put an Apex barrel in them to get any kind of consistent accuracy among multiple guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I'm not sure what is going on with some of the members of this forum lately but damn, the dude just posted a quick video review, on a gun forum.

Generally we like to see more in depth testing around here, but I don't see the big deal with his video and why some members are throwing shade his way.

I thought we were better than this around here. Cabin fever must be setting in.

You thought wrong. A lot of folks around here think they're working to a higher standard. In reality, they're just being cyberspace ass holes.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

PF sucks, mods are shit.

Vending Machine Operator
    God damn, that's such a bummer. If they had gotten their quality control and accuracy houses in order, I'd buy an M2.0 black/4"/9mm/manual safety tomorrow. It fills a great niche of a striker service-sized 9mm with a workable, easy-to-use thumb safety that offhand nobody else is filling right now.

I feel dirty saying this, but Smith & Wesson is starting to feel a lot like Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I'm up to three now.

The first one is a great shooter. It put five different loads into 4" or less at 25 yards: 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr Speer Lawman, 124gr +P Gold Dot, and 147gr Federal HST. That's the gun the sear deactivation lever fell out of. Smith sent me a new lever and pin. They didn't ask me to send the gun in.

Encouraged by the accuracy reports on this forum and the results from my own gun, I picked up two more 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm's. Both have issues.

One shoots 124+P God Dot, 147gr HST, and 147gr Lawman FMJ well enough. Each of those loads will do 4" at 25 yards, but it's not as tight as the first gun with the JHP rounds. I couldn't get any of the other loads to print under 6" (115gr and 124gr Lawman). I may try some other loads to see if there's any other practice ammo it likes.

The third gun had three failures to eject in the fist 50 rounds. An empty case stayed in the chamber and a live round tried to feed behind the empty case. Two of the failures were with 124gr +P Gold Dot and one was with 147 HST. That gun couldn't put any of the loads mentioned above into less than 6" at 25 yards. It's on its way back to Smith. We'll see what they do with it.

Same old crap, different day. It's so dissapointing. I consistently shoot M&P's better than any other gun, but there's a good chance I'll need to put an Apex barrel in them to get any kind of consistent accuracy among multiple guns.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I'm up to three now.
    For giggles, could you swap the barrel from the good one into the others and let us know what happens?

I'm not a M&P fan. The Shield intrigues me, because the G43 just doesn't have that familiar Glock feel.

Though I have heard their Performance Center firearms are a step up in trigger feel, I've never shot one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Site Supporter
    98z28,

What size groups were you getting with the Gold Dots and HST in the good gun? Closer to 2" I hope.

I think 4" @ 25yds with duty ammo sucks, despite what I grew up reading in gun rags in nineties.

I am not a Smith and Wesson fan but I like the 2.0.

The Thumb safety is much better than the Gen 1 M&P's.
    JMO the Trigger is very good and to me feels like the one on my VP9.
    I like the grip texture in fact it feels fantastic to me.
    Accuracy of the 5" 9mm in my hands is not HK accurate but good for my needs for a defensive pistol.

400 rounds no problems .. not many rounds but so far so good.
    Accuracy in my hands 3 to 15 yards slow fire .... very tight groups mostly all rounds touching .
    25 yard slow fire 10 round groups ... averaging 95 on a B-8 Target .. best Target so far 98 Score.
    I am passing on the smaller model but as soon as the 2.0 45 comes out getting one.

25 Yards 115 grain Federal Walmart Special
    Average 5 round hand held group so far.
    3 14/16" edge to edge

It's not HK accurate but not many pistols are HK accurate.
    Name:  100_5994 (2).jpg
Views: 638
Size:  46.9 KB
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 01-23-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You thought wrong. A lot of folks around here think they're working to a higher standard. In reality, they're just being cyberspace ass holes.
    I'm not sure who you're talking to, but getting an obtuse jab in after the fact seems to be inline with the behaviour you seem to detest.

I don't always act the way I would like to, but I bet that's true of most people. Either you can learn from it, or not, I prefer to learn from it.

Better every day doesn't just apply to shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I really need to setup the self-promotion sub-forum where all our budding YouTube stars can post their videos without cluttering up the rest of the forum and also where it's easier for other people to ignore them (using the ignore thread/ignore sub-forum/ignore user features).

Please don't. That would result in an influx of these people. Then we would have to build a wall to keep them out.

And then people would complain and start marching on Pistol Forum. You know how that goes . . .
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-23-2017 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List