Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I agree.....based on the mag release and lack of grip screws, it's a Hi Power.
    Chuck Warner fairly recently designed and produced an improved Hi-Power frame and slide -- I followed its progress for awhile on some of the Hi-Power forums. Seemed like a cool project and I think he sold a limited number of complete guns. Perhaps Wilson has bought/licensed the rights to this frame from Warner and will fully manufacture new guns. A Hi-Power fan can dream...
    Last edited by Xrslug; 02-27-2017 at 04:21 AM.

I have always really liked Hi-Powers. Even though they're old and have certainly been surpassed in many ways, they are still valid in my eyes. I'm surprised they don't get more love. I can't say because I've never shot one, but I tho k if prefer a top-notch BHP than 1911, though that's just me and is certainly heresy to many. Not to say 1911s aren't awesome, but BHPs just speak to me, as far as older pistols go. Anyways, it certainly seems like a possibility with the shape of those grip panels and the safety.

A BHP lookalike using B92 magazines? Better trigger, some beavertail, more mag capacity.. Would it still be a BHP?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    A BHP lookalike using B92 magazines? Better trigger, some beavertail, more mag capacity.. Would it still be a BHP?
    This, and addressing the magwell and the slow/weak reset would make a BHP shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Right, but what is Wilson going to do? Warner is already doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Right, but what is Wilson going to do? Warner is already doing that.
    I seem to recall reading that Warner wasn't going to make any more updated P35's because of the tremendous expense involved for a small shop like his. I could be wrong about that or maybe it's not the latest info -- I haven't been following it closely. It may be one of those deals where he can't make them in the numbers required to bring costs down. That's where Wilson would come in.

Good point. It's been a while since I last talked to him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Does Wilson do Hi-Powers?
    no, but they did. and I've been searching for one for a LONG time

This thread reminds me that Bill Wilson is way smarter than he looks. You guys, I am not sure.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread reminds me that Bill Wilson is way smarter than he looks. You guys, I am not sure.
    I know you know stuff. But note that I haven't pinged you about nothing. "Need to know" and that sort of thing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List