Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The 147gr AE is all I shoot in my Colts and it feeds just fine. It's a great match for the 147gr HST I carry and is loaded to about the same velocity. I'm thinking it should work in the EDC X9.
    I’ve fired probably 3,000 rounds of 147 grain AE over the past year through a variety of platforms including but not limited to MPX, MKE, G17, G19, P226, VP9 without problems. Like you, I use it to replicate the 147 grain HST.

The malfunction was consistent in that the bullet was wedged between the feed ramp and breech face each time; easily cleared by racking the slide. It occurred with all 5 magazines at a rate of about 1-2 times per mag. Shooting faster dramatically increased the frequency with one magazine (the last one before I quit).

Anyway, I just bought 150 rounds of 124 grain Blazer Brass that I plan to take to the range with 50 rounds of HST. Any hiccups and it’s going back to Wilson.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    AE 147 will stop my gen 3 g17 cold. It is definitely on th garbage end.
    Your gun or the ammo?

I bought ten cases of AE 147 last year and it's almost all gone. It was shot through a couple of MK25s, P239s, Glock 43s, and 34s. Not one stoppage.

I've bought 13 cases of 124 since then and it's doing just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Your gun or the ammo?

I bought ten cases of AE 147 last year and it's almost all gone. It was shot through a couple of MK25s, P239s, Glock 43s, and 34s. Not one stoppage.

I've bought 13 cases of 124 since then and it's doing just as good.
    I’d wager that the collective experience around here is that 147 grain AE is NOT garbage ammo. Having said that, I can see how the flat nose bullet profile might give certain guns some problems. We will see how thing hold up tomorrow with the Blazer Brass and HST.

Just my experience. Oddly, I have great luck with Tula.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’ve fired probably 3,000 rounds of 147 grain AE over the past year through a variety of platforms including but not limited to MPX, MKE, G17, G19, P226, VP9 without problems. Like you, I use it to replicate the 147 grain HST.

The malfunction was consistent in that the bullet was wedged between the feed ramp and breech face each time; easily cleared by racking the slide. It occurred with all 5 magazines at a rate of about 1-2 times per mag. Shooting faster dramatically increased the frequency with one magazine (the last one before I quit).

Anyway, I just bought 150 rounds of 124 grain Blazer Brass that I plan to take to the range with 50 rounds of HST. Any hiccups and it’s going back to Wilson.
    Good luck man, you don't need another problem pistol on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Just my experience. Oddly, I have great luck with Tula.
    I shot a bunch of that in 45 about 5 or 6 years back. It was all good except one case that didn't have an extractor groove. I noticed it loading a mag and tossed it so I didn't see if it would've broke my extractor.

I just got back from the range and I think that I solved the problem. It looks like my high, thumbs forward grip may have been partially activating the slide stop lever. When I shot 1 handed or if I paid special attention to keep my paws off the lever, there were no issues with any ammo including the 147 grain AE. My suspicion is that the extended profile slide stop on the EDC X9 does not agree with my high shooting grip. Unfortunately, the slide stop lever is not on the list of interchangeable parts with standard 1911s. I’m going to call Wilson tomorrow to see if the offer a standard profile slide stop lever. If not, perhaps they plan one in the future or can mill down my existing lever.

Mods feel free to edit my post on the previous page by adding this paragraph so that members don’t get the impression that the gun has fleas.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-17-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Mods feel free to edit my post on the previous page by adding this paragraph so that members don’t get the impression that the gun has fleas.
    I know this is a typo, but I LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I know this is a typo, but I LOL.
    Idiom, not typo.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Been thinking about ordering one of these.

1) any more feedback from people who have them
    2) any feedback on how they carry AIWB?

Thanks

User Tag List