Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Don't think this has been brought up but... do any of you see another company producing something that will complete with the X9? Or how long until someone does? The concept seems to be very popular but out of most of our price range... at least for a carry pistol. I'd love to have this platform and not break the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In an ideal situation Id have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could be a fist for punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbotm2 View Post
    Don't think this has been brought up but... do any of you see another company producing something that will complete with the X9? Or how long until someone does? The concept seems to be very popular but out of most of our price range... at least for a carry pistol. I'd love to have this platform and not break the bank.

Good news is ,a piece as you've described is economically viable. Because it's already made by HK ,and is called the P30S 9mm.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I have no idea if any other company has any similar ideas in the pipeline.... but what I've really been WANTING for a year now is a Sig 229 Legion SAO because I've been so impressed with the 226 SAO legion. It would be the same size-ish as a G19/EDCX9, common readily available mags, great trigger. But there's been zero indication that Sig will be making such a beast. Outside of some CZ's I can't think of anything else that would be a similar sized high quality SAO double stack 9mm. But even if they did, I'm still loving the crap out of this Wilson. The attention to detail looks amazing. Even the back strap looks meticulously crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Good news is ,a piece as you've described is economically viable. Because it's already made by HK ,and is called the P30S 9mm.
    That's a good point. Sweet guns, and yeah even after getting a high end action job on it you'd only be into it for what, $1200ish? How would it compare in size though? Seems the grip on the P30 is a bit bigger, but I could easily be wrong about that

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Have you pulled the trigger on a P30 and a 1911?

P30 is a nice gun but it's never going to speak to a 1911 guy like this does .
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I find that sentiment really distasteful.

Yes, someone will copy it, if it's successful. The copy will probably not work as well, because companies that bring other people's ideas to market at a lower margin usually are interested in recouping some of that margin, sometimes at the cost of quality. I'd look to the Filipinos first.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Hasn't STI long offered several shorter barreled double stacks marketed for carry use? One doesn't encounter them promoted for that role very often though for reasons I assume.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-17-2017 at 06:54 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I have long thought a CZ75 compact with the aluminum frame and frame mounted safety would be a nice carry gun. I just checked their website. They have the SP-01 omega now. I feel dirty just dragging it into this thread. Why is it when ever we get what we ask for we always want it cheaper? Personally I have too many guns ( don't tell my wife I said that) I have been trying to downsize with the mantra of less guns but better guns.

The X9 is priced about $1,000 less than the same size Wilson single stack 9, I got this fall. It holds more cartridges. It has been designed around 9mm from the get go, for optimum reliability through some secret sauce stuff Bill did. It uses a proven magazine tube made by MecGar, combined with Wilson springs, followers and base plates. It fits in 1911 holsters. It feels good in your hands. It looks pretty. Seems like Bill did pretty good with this one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Have you pulled the trigger on a P30 and a 1911?

P30 is a nice gun but it's never going to speak to a 1911 guy like this does .

To get P30 reliability in a 1911 arrangement the size of a Glock 19 means a Wilson Combat price tag. Metal frame pistols are capital intensive to make. Without government contracts to subsidize the production cost, even a basic Beretta 92 or P226 would be $1,200.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List