Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Ordered a large backstrap and red fiber optic rod from Wilson this morning. I'm gonna swap it out with the small that came on the gun and see how my finger interfaces with the long trigger. I'm still planning on sending it back to get looked at for the slow reset issue, but I'd like to see if I have to swap out the trigger for the medium length before I send it off.

I'm not planning on selling this thing. It's a heirloom purchase along with my other high end guns; they'll be passed down to my kids and hopefully their grandkids. I just want to get it working 100% like it should.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Ordered a large backstrap and red fiber optic rod from Wilson this morning. I'm gonna swap it out with the small that came on the gun and see how my finger interfaces with the long trigger. I'm still planning on sending it back to get looked at for the slow reset issue, but I'd like to see if I have to swap out the trigger for the medium length before I send it off.

I'm not planning on selling this thing. It's a heirloom purchase along with my other high end guns; they'll be passed down to my kids and hopefully their grandkids. I just want to get it working 100% like it should.

Can you feel any binding or excessive friction in the trigger channel? You might remove the trigger and inspect it, along with the channel, for signs of obvious high spots or excessive wear. This is something a quick stoning may fix and avoid having to wait weeks to get your new gun back.

As much as I like the idea of the X-9, I don't see one in my future. This is about as close as I'm likely to get to a 15 shot, Glock 19 size, 9mm with manual safety:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...al-safety.html
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

John, have you handled the 320 with the thumb safety, and if so, how ergonomic does it feel?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Can you feel any binding or excessive friction in the trigger channel? You might remove the trigger and inspect it, along with the channel, for signs of obvious high spots or excessive wear. This is something a quick stoning may fix and avoid having to wait weeks to get your new gun back.
    Haven't stripped it down but I played with it some and the friction seems to be mostly in the pre-travel of the trigger. There's very, very little takeup but I can feel the trigger catching and almost jerking a few times until I get to the wall. If I pull the trigger to the wall and let my finger out slowly, the trigger will not move forward and it will actually stay to the rear at the wall unless I pull it forward with my fingers. Might just need a stoning like you say. When I get the backstrap in I'll pull the trigger out and check it out to see if there are any high spots that might need a light stoning like you suggested.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    John, have you handled the 320 with the thumb safety, and if so, how ergonomic does it feel?
    I have not but one of my most 1911 fetish friends has and he offered his blessing.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Haven't stripped it down but I played with it some and the friction seems to be mostly in the pre-travel of the trigger. There's very, very little takeup but I can feel the trigger catching and almost jerking a few times until I get to the wall. If I pull the trigger to the wall and let my finger out slowly, the trigger will not move forward and it will actually stay to the rear at the wall unless I pull it forward with my fingers. Might just need a stoning like you say. When I get the backstrap in I'll pull the trigger out and check it out to see if there are any high spots that might need a light stoning like you suggested.

Please let us take a look. Our customer service email is info@wilsoncombat.com attn: firearms service team ... my guess? A little too thick finish on the trigger pad but let us take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    Please let us take a look. Our customer service email is info@wilsoncombat.com attn: firearms service team ... my guess? A little too thick finish on the trigger pad but let us take a look.
    I definitely will after I get the L backstrap in so I can figure out whether or not I need to have the trigger swapped for a medium length pad while you guys are looking at it. I'll be in touch soon!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I've handled several and found all of them very well done. Totally worked for me to thumb ride it like a 1911 (position and size) and they were positive on/off/on. IMO they did quite a good job implementing the thumb safety.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My EDC X9 was kitted today, I received an email from my WC dealer this morning that he had a customer cancel his order yesterday and that he gave me his place with all my specs and that it should be kitted in a few weeks. So. I'm heading out to my car after work and I get another email from him that my order was kitted.

User Tag List