Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Easy...

Salient Arms - "Do you even operate, bro?"

Glock Inc. - "You're limp wristing."

Comcast - "It's your personally owned router."
    This has so nothing to do with this thread, but, I LoL'd at Comcast. Truth.

Is it a bad sign I keep coming back to this thread for updates?

It is a browning style action, but with bushingless barrel, the barrel locks up with the slide on the front of the ejection port, has a one piece recoil spring guide, and the slide runs on rails fore and aft... this is all truly revolutionary! Can't remember a pistol in existence that shares the same features.

Just poking fun at you, folks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    It is a browning style action, but with bushingless barrel, the barrel locks up with the slide on the front of the ejection port, has a one piece recoil spring guide, and the slide runs on rails fore and aft... this is all truly revolutionary! Can't remember a pistol in existence that shares the same features.

Just poking fun at you, folks
    Like a SAO stock II?

I said browing style action, not trigger...

I touched one today. I have to admit I felt more awesome.

Then found out we couldn't shoot it. Wilson rep wasn't even allowed to bring magazines with him. I immediately felt less awesome.

It felt more compact than I thought it would. I don't like the Wilson sights. Rep thought it was the long trigger and standard back strap or whatever they're calling that. It felt a little small to me. Would prefer the larger grip profile. Safety was a stiff but very positive. Couldn't find a flaw anywhere. Looked and felt like a custom build, in a good way.

Trigger brake is really nice. Reset is really nice. I closed my eyes and imagined it shooting really nice too.

I have to admit that I want one. I can't justify the entry fee though. Handled a Wilson Brigtac for the first time too. I was amazed at how reasonably priced it felt all of a sudden. I might save up for one of those.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I said browing style action, not trigger...
    In all fairness to Tanfoglio, trigger feel is one thing they get right. Even a lowly Witness Steel has a much better trigger then any stock Hi-Power.
    Come to think of it, there's not much a Hi-Power can do that a Tangfo-derived IWI Jericho can't do better and cheaper.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    To get P30 reliability in a 1911 arrangement the size of a Glock 19 means a Wilson Combat price tag. Metal frame pistols are capital intensive to make. Without government contracts to subsidize the production cost, even a basic Beretta 92 or P226 would be $1,200.
    You have it backwards, you probably need more capital for polymer molds like a Glock would use while CNC is much more cost effective for small volume production of metal parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    SIG SAUER P226 Legion (the Single Action variant).

Even a Mark 25 with an SRT trigger and trigger job and thin grips.

LAV RTF2 GLOCK 19

H&K VP9

All of these are very nice pistols for less money (obviously). They will lack the workmanship and the crispy goodness that a 1911 imparts when it's in your hands.

But if it's to be used as "a work gun", "a fighting gun" or "carry gun" I'll opt for one of the others - and I would have three (3): a carry, a trainer and backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For carry I think I would prefer a G19 because I don't have the 1911 nostalgia bug

I agree with the Sig Legion somewhat but the quality is really not that great though the feature set is. I never tried the SAO one but liked the DA/SA a lot.

I would include the Brig Tac in that list (and would rather have it and a couple other things over this WC gun)

The timing of this design is well placed. It is becoming more and more a 9MM world. 1911 goodness, high capacity magazines and a redesign to improve reliability. I love it and am glad that Wilson took the step forward to make it. Too many times I've heard how the 1911 could be modernized by guys who don't like it. Well, HERE it is, a 1911, without the grip safety, built for concealment. It comes with 15 +1 round capacity, an external extractor and other reliability measures put in place.

As others have stated, the entry price is steep for some of us. That's the only "knock" against it. I wish they had an "entry" model for around $1500 that was marketed for the cash conservative!

If I mortgaged the purchase price out over the next 21 years of full time work I have in front of me, it comes to about $133-$135 a year. Slightly less than half of my yearly liability insurance. The question is, will the aluminum frame stand up to 30,000+ rounds for +P 9 over that time period?!?!

I don't find the price to be out there but of course this is somewhat relative. But look at the price of a Sig Short and Smart. Which incidentally was a pistol I was considering while I wished someone would make a hybrid like the Wilson. So this pistol looks to be the very thing I have been seeking. Ill probably just have to get over the X's

User Tag List