Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

I only shot 2 mags from one, but I found the X-Tac serrations to be much more grippy than they look. I liked them.

I owned a Wilson Xtac 1911, I'd say the grippyness is on the level of 25LPI checkering. It may not look it, but the Xtac patter engages your hand very well.

Well, my stuff sold faster than expected, and the EDC X9 showed up at my FFL last Thursday. I bought five more magazines from one of the forums for a total of seven magazines. All was looking good until I came down with one heck of a case of something with my right elbow. Bad enough that I cannot get a proper grip with my right hand as either primary or support for a full magazine. Bad enough that I am seeing an orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow.

Once I recover, I will shoot it a ton and share my experience/opinion.

Dude in the lane next to me last week had an EDC-X9. Let me put 2 mags through it. I found it to be an amazing CHS experience. Glad to cross that one off the "want" list.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Dude in the lane next to me last week had an EDC-X9. Let me put 2 mags through it. I found it to be an amazing CHS experience. Glad to cross that one off the "want" list.
    What's "CHS"?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What's "CHS"?
    Can't Handle Shit. iirc

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Can't Handle Shit. iirc
    Hit? Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Hit? Maybe
    I assumed, correctly or perhaps not, it meant it was experiencing failures with various ammunition. But I of course could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What's "CHS"?
    “Can’t hit shit.” Sample of one and all that. I’m certainly not perfect, but I can shoot pretty ok with Glocks and Berettas. Using the same ammo I always shoot (Fiocchi 115) my 25yd 10 shot group was 8”+ and my 7yd 5 shot group was 1.5-2” when it should easily be sub 1”. Sights told one story, target told another.

Could’ve just been a bad one though.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    ... now that I know what CHS mean...

The thing with the EDC X9 is, it does not shoot like a 1911. It is it's own entity, even though the "OS" is very similar. Therefore, one should approach it that way and understand it may take an adjustment. Just like if you were an experienced shooter, and picked up a GLOCK for the very first time. Took me a couple range trips to get proficient with mine.

User Tag List