Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Note that in the above tests: ""A Wolff XP firing pin return spring was used for all of the testing."

4 feet seems like a pretty low ladder...

There are other tests, with different conclusions, but I don't know anyone who would assert that a S70 is drop safe. Personally I am comforted by the fact that it will only fire in a reasonably safe direction -- iow if it spins to its butt it's not going to send the bullet at you.

Which is all beside the point of my post, which is that a drop safety has little to do with spontaneous discharge.
    Ignore Alien Orders

If the issue of the series 80 is that it makes the trigger worse, why not use a SI kit that moves it to the grip safety? http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop...l#.V-RRe_ArJaW

The issue is more that it introduces a failure point. Good gunsmiths can make them more or less transparent, but they can't guarantee that you're going to reassemble it correctly.

I would be ok with a series 80 that had been carefully gone over by a gunsmith. They can be mistimed, which leads to failure to ignite. I wouldn't own a gun with a Swartz safety. They are almost *usually* badly executed.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I'd like to see some side by side pic's with a G19.

If people are spending 3K on an agency glock with an RMR and match barrel. I don't see why there would not a market for this gun.
    A. If it's really that awesome, which it might be from Wilson and
    B. That dosent trump the support/accerseries argument if that's important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post

If people are spending 3K on an agency glock with an RMR and match barrel. I don't see why there would not a market for this gun.
    B. That dosent trump the support/accerseries argument if that's important to you.
    I reckon that the price comparison with a Glock and match barrel, depend on if the Glock has a fitted or drop in barrel. From my experience, a drop-in S3F barrel noticeably shrinks groups on a Gen4 G17.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post

X2. It amazes me what people pay for a full TTI, Salient, Agency Arms (insert your favorite Glock shop here) guns...that have nearly 100% cosmetic additions only. Sure, some shops might offer drop in barrels or "gunsmith fit" barrels...but you're essentially paying $1000-1500 for stipple work and slide serrations. If that's your thing then rock on...unlike a dolled up G19 I'll bet dollars to donuts the EDC X9 won't pelt me in the forehead with brass
    Shoot more, post less...

I live the idea of the EDC X9. The idea of a high cap 9mm 1911-esque gun is awesome. Especially for someone like me with my dwarf like fingers. Double stack 1911 no workie for me at all. If this has similar trigger reach to a G19 it would be the bees knees. Given that it's a Wilson, I seriously doubt you'd need to be swapping parts in and out to have it run like a raped ape. Of all my high end 1911's that I've sold over the years the CQB compact is the only one I regret.

Sadly, I'm not financially in a place whet I can drop a couple of grand on 1 gun. Kids college fund and all that comes first. Maybe in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The issue is more that it introduces a failure point.
    Is Colt's Series 80 more failure prone than the firing pin blocks on Glock, Sig, etc.?

I wish I could handle one, I much prefer a 2011 size grip and find 1911 grips way too small. This is advertised as being even smaller. I also would like to know if it takes standard 1911 style safeties as I'd have to modify the one that it comes with. The heel of my support hand always knocks up the safeties on the extended style 1911s.

User Tag List