Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I was wondering if Mr. Wilson or the Wilson rep on here could answer this. Are there any plans on an optic ready version of this?

Just seems to me that this mechanically very accurate and (from what I can tell from the videos) very flat shooting pistol could potentially be an amazing platform to have an RMR type defense red dot affixed to it. I'm just now dipping my toes into EDC red dot territory so there are far more knowledgeable people on the subject. It just strikes me that one would be perfect for this gun. Am I the only one?
    I've been wondering exactly this, seems to be the perfect platform for a rmr.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Do you have any experince running Speer and Federal 147 grain flat point FMJ and the Gold Dot / HST bullets in the compact 9mms?

I had a CQB Compact years ago that just would not run on that ammo but that was before the new mags.
    Yes, I used the Fed 147gr FP to do a lot of my testing when I was working on the new design 1911 mags and early reliability testing of the X9 because it was so hard to get to feed well because it's loaded so short. Long and pointed is always your friend when it comes to feeding reliability. Most any range ammo that's 1.1" or longer will feed fine and I've found the following bullets to feed very well in all 9mm guns:

Hornady XTP (If loaded 1.1" or longer)
    Fed 124 or 147gr HST
    Hornady 135gr Critical Duty

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had a malfunction with one of my 1911 compacts in 9mm that wasn't ammo related...........and I shoot them a LOT, 600rds per week on average. However during the past 6 weeks or so I've been shooting a lot more testing X9 pistols!

I was just informed that the first production spec "test mule" EDC X9 we're shooting until destruction has now gone over 12,000 rounds without a single component failure or malfunction !!!

Bill,

That is absolutely amazing!! I'm so impressed with what you were able to do with the EDC X9! Quick question, may be dumb but I'm curious. I've been training a lot for bullseye lately and am curious if you've done any 50 yard groups on the EDC X9, and if so, what those results were? I saw the 1.5" at 25 yard guarantee, but I've also seen your full size guns get 1" groups at 50 yards from a ransom rest with hand loads. I know the gun wasn't intended at all for anything related to bullseye, but I was just curious. Thanks!
    Last edited by Kirk; 03-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Balisong, I had the same curiosity about red dot as well. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I was wondering if Mr. Wilson or the Wilson rep on here could answer this. Are there any plans on an optic ready version of this?

Just seems to me that this mechanically very accurate and (from what I can tell from the videos) very flat shooting pistol could potentially be an amazing platform to have an RMR type defense red dot affixed to it. I'm just now dipping my toes into EDC red dot territory so there are far more knowledgeable people on the subject. It just strikes me that one would be perfect for this gun. Am I the only one?
    It looks like it would be difficult due to, what I'm guessing, is the pin for the extractor. Might be able to get an RMS or a DeltaPoint Pro with the DeltaPoint rear sight on it (would have to destroy the rear dovetail, though). The DP Pro would look ridiculous on that, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Bill,

That is absolutely amazing!! I'm so impressed with what you were able to do with the EDC X9! Quick question, may be dumb but I'm curious. I've been training a lot for bullseye lately and am curious if you've done any 50 yard groups on the EDC X9, and if so, what those results were? I saw the 1.5" at 25 yard guarantee, but I've also seen your full size guns get 1" groups at 50 yards from a ransom rest with hand loads. I know the gun wasn't intended at all for anything related to bullseye, but I was just curious. Thanks!
    Personally I've not done any serious group shooting with any of the X9s, all I can tell you is I can shoot 1" groups off hand at 15yds, hit 1/2 IDPA size steel silhouettes at 60yds and full size silhouettes at 100yds with all of them I've tested close to 100% of the time. They shoot as well as I can............and the same as my single stack guns.

Bill, I realize this might be premature, but any plans to roll out a steel framed variant at some point?

Order placed

Gonna go with Gray AT on the slide/frame, Black AT on the trigger, safety, slide stop and hammer. Black grips, small frame, long trigger and ambi safety.

*Off to raid the safe and list some guns in the For Sale section*
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    It looks like it would be difficult due to, what I'm guessing, is the pin for the extractor. Might be able to get an RMS or a DeltaPoint Pro with the DeltaPoint rear sight on it (would have to destroy the rear dovetail, though). The DP Pro would look ridiculous on that, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it looks like a rds would be really close to the extractor with not a whole lot of material between the extractor and where the sight would be, so I can understand how that MAY be an issue for durability. Perhaps it would also be too much of a hassle for the overall reliability of the system with the balance and/or weight or whatever else. And judging by his responses to other folks, I guess Mr. Wilson doesn't want to jump in here and tell me I'm wrong and that they're working on an optic ready model as we speak *wink* *nudge*

I'm still very intrigued by this gun though, and it may be the gun to get me into cocked and locked carry. The Legion SAO 226 came damn close and Sig doesn't seem interested in doing it in a 229, so time to start considering what's expendable in my safe. Just having the option of a rds would make it even more appealing in the case of me falling in love with handgun rds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    Yes, I used the Fed 147gr FP to do a lot of my testing when I was working on the new design 1911 mags and early reliability testing of the X9 because it was so hard to get to feed well because it's loaded so short. Long and pointed is always your friend when it comes to feeding reliability. Most any range ammo that's 1.1" or longer will feed fine and I've found the following bullets to feed very well in all 9mm guns:

Hornady XTP (If loaded 1.1" or longer)
    Fed 124 or 147gr HST
    Hornady 135gr Critical Duty
    At the risk of drifting the thread, I have come to rely exclusively on the current generation Wilson Combat ETM magazines for my 9mm 1911s -- Commander and Government models. And I always shoot Federal 147gr flat points at the range and carry 147gr HST. No drama.

User Tag List