Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Wilson Combat EDC X9

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    I wish I could handle one, I much prefer a 2011 size grip and find 1911 grips way too small. This is advertised as being even smaller. I also would like to know if it takes standard 1911 style safeties as I'd have to modify the one that it comes with. The heel of my support hand always knocks up the safeties on the extended style 1911s.
    Would it surprise you if I told you that they are the same width? It sure surprised me when I measured it with a caliper.
    Last edited by Edwin; 03-13-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    I wish I could handle one, I much prefer a 2011 size grip and find 1911 grips way too small. This is advertised as being even smaller. I also would like to know if it takes standard 1911 style safeties as I'd have to modify the one that it comes with. The heel of my support hand always knocks up the safeties on the extended style 1911s.
    This gun's grip is much smaller than a 2011 and does not take a standard safety.
    Last edited by WilsonCombatRep; 03-13-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    This gun's grip is much smaller than a 2011 and does not take a standard safety.
    I appreciate the quick reply. I suppose I'll have to wait to handle one in the flesh.
    Last edited by Carnifex; 03-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    X2. It amazes me what people pay for a full TTI, Salient, Agency Arms (insert your favorite Glock shop here) guns...that have nearly 100% cosmetic additions only. Sure, some shops might offer drop in barrels or "gunsmith fit" barrels...but you're essentially paying $1000-1500 for stipple work and slide serrations. If that's your thing then rock on...unlike a dolled up G19 I'll bet dollars to donuts the EDC X9 won't pelt me in the forehead with brass
    Completely agree except the brass thing isn't that hard to fix. I'd rather have the Wilson than some silly dolled up Glock, especially for that much money.
    #RESIST

I admire my Glocks for their simplicity and innovation. I admire the EDCX9 for (what I perceive to be) it's suitability and innovation. I want my Glocks to be just as they are; I want the edcx9 to be exactly as I want it to be. Different things.

Now, I change the sights on my Glocks and add the SCD where available (looking at you, 43). Likewise, I will accept some stuff about the edcx9 that isn't totally perfect for me, like the texturing.
    Ignore Alien Orders

EDC X9 arrives today. If I don't have to leave town this afternoon on a work trip, hope to be shooting it soon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    EDC X9 arrives today. If I don't have to leave town this afternoon on a work trip, hope to be shooting it soon.
    Work? Your job is to shoot the snot out of that thing and report to us ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You work?? I thought you just shot guns and flew airplanes. I wasn't going to ask how you got the money to do all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    You work?? I thought you just shot guns and flew airplanes. I wasn't going to ask how you got the money to do all that.
    I married well.

Initial impression 10/10.

Name:  IMG_5405.jpg
Views: 3563
Size:  58.9 KB

User Tag List