Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New here, looking for advice on choosing a carry gun/HD gun combo

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

For me, guns like a J-Frame, a M&P Shield or a Glock 43/42 are special purpose guns and not primary carry guns. So I don't consider a BUG part of this conversation. I also incorporate a long gun into my families home defense. But like the BUG concept, I consider that a different topic of conversation.
    Absolutely correct... both points...... yet again, naturally. MY problem is that I'm a bit worried I will need to drop back to a couple of super-light J's sooner than I expected to. Hopefully not...

Lots of great info in here, thanks for all the replies.

>Okay, let's get the stats out of the way!
    >Height, build, weight etc?
    6'1", 210, athletic

>Typical attire?
    Jeans and a button-down or blazer, shorts and a t-shirt at home. In South Florida that covers the whole year!

>Are you weight sensitive? Ie back problems or knee issues?
    None

Someone said that I'm overthinking this - and I'm sure I am.

Leaning towards getting the PX4 Compact Carry and using it for both purposes for a while.

Also considering sticking with my J frame and putting the money I'd spend on a new pistol towards a bunch of ammo and training.

I'm very accurate with my S&W revolvers and can comfortably carry my 642 AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Welcome.

I realize you might be new to shooting so hopefully I won't muddy the waters too much here but... my carry gun is not my home defense gun. I only carry a pistol because walking around with an 870 is frowned upon.
    I gave a similar answer in the 1980s when asked why I was carrying a .45 auto, I answered my 50.63 Para FAL spoils the line of my suit jacket.

User Tag List