Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inauguration

The Inauguration

Today, we’ll see the inauguration of a man who by conventional standards would only be allowed into the White House on a guided tour.

We will be told that that Mr. Trump’s inauguration is not America’s finest day. I believe that is beside the point. What matters is that our system of government let us choose him—despite his many flaws—over a candidate who, while holding far more conventional credentials for the office, is morally repugnant.

I believe that Mr. Trump could do many good things for this country and that he will correct and heal much of the damage done in the last 8 years. I also believe that many of us will find ourselves busy trying to limit the damage he does, which could be great. That is the work of patriots. We don’t have to go to war to do this, or wrap ourselves in the flag. We just have to participate in governing our country. Far too many people have ignored that duty recently, and that should be the first thing we change.

The next four years will be rough and we’ll have to bring our A game every day, but we can do that.

God Bless America.

Now sound General Quarters.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 01-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I personally think we are going to see a lot of the damage done to America in the past 8 years be reversed and some great things happen.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Now if only the guys on NBC would stop with the butthurt commentary and just show footage we could get this show on the road.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

100% agree, Okie John.

#MAGA

There was some over-promising in President Trump's speech.
    Still worth listening to it since it lead to seeing the back of the Obama's.

It's been a long eight years, despite the fact that my wife and I were
    able to insulate ourselves from a lot of the worst of it.

There's a lot of work for We The People to do.

I totally agree with Trump's optimistic goals, but I’ll take an overstated promise to do something good for the country over an understated ambition to do us harm like the last guy did.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Wow - Speech was a big "F U" to the establishment - as he was standing in the middle of the establishment.

I felt it was a breath of fresh air.

Time to go to work.

I thought for a second he was going to go the route of Teddy Roosevelts Unhyphenated America speech as it really works very similarly to what he was saying or at least the impression I got from it.

He is correct in his statements that patriotism is a thread which connects us all, regardless of our cultural identity.

I am also very pleased that he mentioned MIL/LE/Gov in his statements. Far too long have the people who put themselves into harm's way every single day been disregarded
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Wherever you are on the political spectrum and whoever you wanted to see in the White House, there is still something we can all celebrate. The peaceful transfer of power from one legitimately elected administration to another legitimately administration. While that has become much more common in other places over the last 241 years there is still too much of the world that has never seen that happen.

User Tag List