Thread: Will we see a updated FNS now?

Will we see a updated FNS now?

Now that the xm17 and fbi trials are over. Will we see anew FNS? I liked mine but it needed a couple tweaks to be really good. I remembered a gentleman on here stated a new one was built and was entering the trials. Just curious if anyone here has heard anything about it. I am glad that there are so many manufacturers trying to build new pistols and update there older models. Good time to be a gun owner.

I cannot remember if it was considered a revision of the FNS or an entirely new thing. I recall Roland of P&S speaking about getting some range time with it and being impressed by the gun.

I've always like FN firearms, but never warmed to the FNS. I'd love to see them have a very commercially successful handgun to compliment their superb long gun portfolio!

I had some range time with their submission for the trials, we couldn't break it nor make it malfunction with three hours and lots of ammo but that means little. I am sorry but I don't remember much about it, also not sure if I can say much about it anyway.
    #RESIST

Mine was 100% reliable no matter what ammo I ran through it. I liked the weight and the accuracy. But the grip was too blocky and the trigger was funky. To heavy and just felt strange. Had a good reset though. I feel like if they changed the frame, fixed the trigger and maybe came out with a g19 sized version they would have a damn fine product. Sell it in the 500$ range and being made in America would be awesome. The marketing would need a revamp because it is pretty shit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Mine was 100% reliable no matter what ammo I ran through it. I liked the weight and the accuracy. But the grip was too blocky and the trigger was funky. To heavy and just felt strange. Had a good reset though. I feel like if they changed the frame, fixed the trigger and maybe came out with a g19 sized version they would have a damn fine product. Sell it in the 500$ range and being made in America would be awesome. The marketing would need a revamp because it is pretty shit.
    My recollection of them when they came out was:

Triggers varied widely by sample - the 10 in our shop all had diff feels in all aspects

Magwell was phenomenal - as in tractor beam for the magazine into the grip phenomenal

Grip was better than Glock, not as good as M&P

Ambi mag release could be an issue under recoil

G19 size slide/barrel with incredibly tight lockup and strong spring

G17 sized frame

Decent enough sights from the factory, if the rears are blacked out - had a funky U/V hybrid cut I think

Almost snagged one at discount, but the lack of support made me avoid it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see these. KevinB used to weigh in when he was with FN, KB if your still around can you comment, or still under NDA? Thanks. The little I know is the trigger can be configured to end user specs. I wonder if they are modular.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I just finished a 2000 round test on an FNS-9. I liked it a lot. I had a failure to extract around the 1000 round mark - I have the exact count but not right in front of me - but I couldn't replicate it so I actually suspect an issue with the brass rather than the gun.

The trigger on mine is a bit long but very crisp. If you take one apart, you'll see it has a much sturdier trigger bar and trigger mechanism housing than a Glock, which makes me think that it's got good trigger potential generally.

I really like mine. To be honest, FN gave it to me, and I generally like FN stuff, so there's the possibility that I'm biased. But it's still a good pistol. Except right now I think I'm destroying the roll pin as I try to reassemble the frame after a full teardown, so I have the frame in the freezer next to a bottle of Jagermeister and I'll probably get to work on one of those tonight and skip the other entirely.

At 2000 rounds dry it ran like a top, though. My one complaint: the magazine baseplates overhand the front of the mag so far that it's slowing down my reload. When I slap my index finger on the mag it feels really weird compared to most mags because there's a half inch lip on the front side.

But my experience has been excellent. I'm heavily invested in the Glock platform so I wouldn't switch or anything, but if someone asked me what polymer to buy today...I'd probably tell them to look at a P320 or FNS-9 before a Glock.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

The cz p10c to me is cream of the crop for striker guns. Yes it could be a pos but the specs and reviews are awesome. Cz builds accurate and reliable pistols. I think a version 2 FNS could be right there. Also it would be made here. I also think if FN does the work it could make some actual headway in the leo field.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The cz p10c to me is cream of the crop for striker guns...

Have you shot one in any significant manner yet?

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    Have you shot one in any significant manner yet?
    Nope, thats why i said it could be a pos. I have owned everyone but the sig p320. Shot em but never had my own. Vp9 I guess was the best so far. But I think I shot the sig better. My current carry gun is a p07. Riding that opinion on faith in CZ. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

User Tag List