Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Saint - decent?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Boom.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-A...e-p/ar6720.htm

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    HOLY CRAP! I don't see how anyone who doesn't have an AR could pass on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much to all who replied. I appreciate your time and your guidance.

I'll continue to hunt for and save for a Colt 6920. BTW, is there a big difference between the 6920 and the 6720?

The 6920 has a government profile barrel versus the 6720 has a pencil barrel. The 6920 can also be had with Magpul furniture where the 6720 can not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    Thank you very much to all who replied. I appreciate your time and your guidance.

I'll continue to hunt for and save for a Colt 6920. BTW, is there a big difference between the 6920 and the 6720?
    I own both guns. The only difference is the barrel profile. The 6720 balances more at the magazine well and the 6920 is slightly more muzzle heavy.

All of my Colt 6920's and my lone 6720 have MagPul MOE sl furniture on them.

This thread is a few months old, but I picked up a Saint a few weeks ago. Have almost 500 rounds through it and can say, I'm impressed. I'm a big BCM fan, owning a few samples of BCM mid-lengths factory complete rifles. With that said, I believe that BCM has a lot more to do with the Saint than Springfield. I find it hard calling the Saint an entry level AR when it is built correctly with BCM furniture. The thing runs, what else is there to ask for? The only "downside" is the melonite barrel, but is that really a downside when compared to CL barrels? The Saint is every bit the rifle as my full factory BCM mid-length.

Call me picky, but I don't like 16" carbine gas ARs. Greatly prefer a mid length gas system for that barrel length. Shoot a properly gassed 16" Middy (BCM, DD, Sionics) next to a 6920 with the same ammo & same buffer and you'll be able to tell a difference. Not earth shattering, but it's definitely there.
    Shoot more, post less...

The saint is a midlength. Also shush! If you extol the virtues of a middie system youre just begging for rob s to come in and tell you youre dumb
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    The saint is a midlength. Also shush! If you extol the virtues of a middie system youre just begging for rob s to come in and tell you youre dumb
    I know. I'd take the Saint over a 6920.

Cue the Colt fanboys in 3...2...1
    Shoot more, post less...

I'd take neither....

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    This thread is a few months old, but I picked up a Saint a few weeks ago. Have almost 500 rounds through it and can say, I'm impressed. I'm a big BCM fan, owning a few samples of BCM mid-lengths factory complete rifles. With that said, I believe that BCM has a lot more to do with the Saint than Springfield. I find it hard calling the Saint an entry level AR when it is built correctly with BCM furniture. The thing runs, what else is there to ask for? The only "downside" is the melonite barrel, but is that really a downside when compared to CL barrels? The Saint is every bit the rifle as my full factory BCM mid-length.
    So using using BCM furniture makes it a BCM and not entry level......

User Tag List