Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: blood thirsty cops

blood thirsty cops

https://www.facebook.com/16500114952...2405253981474/

This was in the neighboring county. I know the primary deputy from sitting on a promotion board when he was going for Lieutenant.

Here's a slightly longer version of the video from YouTube:

Last edited by jlw; 01-20-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Is the title of the thread supposed to be ironic?

All things considered outstanding job by primary deputy.

That officer was reckless and should have shot that dude. His wife should crush his balls with a rolling pin. If you not willing to shoot people you shouldn't be carring a gun.
    Last edited by SJC3081; 01-20-2017 at 04:56 AM.

From my cake eating civilian point of view, that was well done. Hope the Officer didn't hurt his hand smacking that fool.

I've known a couple officers who've been suspended without pay for a number of weeks, for NOT shooting a perp during an encounter like that. Failure to follow policy was the reason given. I hope this officer doesn't suffer some similar punishment. He did good. I still think though the perp could have used a few new holes.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    That looks like some hard work by those guys. The only thing I see that made me a bit nervous watching that was the female trying to intervene...I think the partner should have controlled that situation a bit more decisively.

I would have shot that turd at .53. Surprised the deputy did not.

The point isn't to shoot people just because they give you a legal reason to.

The deputies were the ones on scene, not us.

I'm not inclined to think he was being reckless, not willing to shoot people, or whatever.......the decisiveness he presented when he saw an opening, and how he took it without hesitation, leads me to think that he was on point rather than in above his head. "Not willing to shoot people" is a pretty deep conclusion to make from the video presented here.

Turns out he made a good decision that ended in a better outcome for all parties involved than having to shoot somebody. At the same time if he shot him I wouldn't be criticizing him, and he shouldn't be criticized for not shooting him either.

It's possible there are multiple justifiable, reasonable, "correct" outcomes to the same situation.

Also to note, when cops talk about the need to reholster quickly......this is a good example.
    Last edited by TGS; 01-20-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What impresses me is that the deputy tackled and fought with the guy, while he had his gun in his hand, without accidentally squeezing off a round.

The wonderous world of cop work where "what I would have done" usually means you never have. For those who have, you likely figured it through "learning experiences" like the one depicted in which, if you are smart, will be reflected upon and rehashed while you MMQB yourself to store better possible solutions in the software upgrade.

Another thing to note. As I discuss a lot in classes, shootings normally occur in chaos, that can include before, during, after, or all of the above. Doing things "less than optimal" is great learning fodder, IF, we don't reward luck and claim it is tactically sound.

I know a lot of folks who have been in multiple shootings and would have smoked that guy at several points. Not because they are blood thirsty killers, not because they are better cops, but because they process threat better due to experience with less to think about and because they have worked through the decision making process already, and have also experienced the ramifications and process of using lethal force. This stuff does not have as much clarity in the middle of it and the thousands of thoughts and emotions in your head that video cannot capture. Experience, if you live through getting it, helps to cull a lot of those thoughts and emotions out and come up with more simplistic solutions much faster.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List