Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-Blackwater guards argue appeal

One would hope that these guys can get a fair appeal to have their side of the story and evidence reviewed. I’m not surprised that the cunt bag known as Hillary Clinton would throw military men under a bus without so much as a second thought.

Seems that state has somewhat a history of doing this to the people entrusted with their safety. Folks should take that into consideration when they go job hunting. No amount of money is worth getting ass raped for seemingly doing your job.

The whole contracting thing makes me wonder at times. It’s all done so the beurocrats can go about lying to the public while they simultaneously have a completely disposable work force at their disposal. Maybe they shouldn’t have access to these men and be forced to use their own people to protect them. If they don’t have the people cut down on the beurocrats that need protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    One would hope that these guys can get a fair appeal to have their side of the story and evidence reviewed. I’m not surprised that the cunt bag known as Hillary Clinton would throw military men under a bus without so much as a second thought.
    Hillary Clinton was not SecState when the shooting occurred/investigation began, nor when they were convicted.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Hillary Clinton was not SecState when the shooting occurred/investigation began, nor when they were convicted.
    Not at the time of the shooting and first trial. She is quoted in the article as

“There are emails from McCabe, leaked by Wikileaks, chastising the Department of Justice for not moving fast enough to convict the operatives of Blackwater. Additionally, emails exist from Hillary Clinton after the first case had been thrown out of court, in which she expressed grave concern about finding a way to placate the Iraqis.”

What was her involvement and desire to placate the Iraqis about then? Is the article linked incorrect?

Are these guys free now? There are numerous stories published Aug 4, 2017 stating "Court Rejects a Murder Conviction and Voids 3 Sentences" yet no definitive word on if they have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not at the time of the shooting and first trial. She is quoted in the article as

“There are emails from McCabe, leaked by Wikileaks, chastising the Department of Justice for not moving fast enough to convict the operatives of Blackwater. Additionally, emails exist from Hillary Clinton after the first case had been thrown out of court, in which she expressed grave concern about finding a way to placate the Iraqis.”

What was her involvement and desire to placate the Iraqis about then? Is the article linked incorrect?
    I don't know whether it's correct or not, but it sure as shit isn't a reputable source.

There's lots of legitimate, factual, non-partisan reasons to take issue with this trial, and for those reasons alone I think these guys will ultimately have this cleared.

With that being said, there's no reason to muddy anything with conspiracy and rhetoric.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Why not? We did with the Marijuana thread......

May as well get a match and burn every topic into an AR15.com poster.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

from http://www.therochestervoice.com/the...en-23-cms-5289
    Ironically, when it first began there seemed to be little to worry about. First, a Department of State probe found there was no egregious conduct in the square that day. Then in 2009, U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina dismissed the case against Raven 23, saying government lawyers ignored the advice of senior Justice Department officials by building the criminal case on sworn statements of the guards given under a grant of immunity - meaning the guards' own statements could not be used against them.

Shortly after, then Secretary of State Clinton sent an email (among those recently released) to Harold Hongju Koh, a legal adviser to the Dept. of State, that reads, "... what can we do about Judge Urbina's ruling example, what is the likelihood of success on appeal? Can the US file a civil action against the company? Pay compensation to the victims? What other options do we have?"

It's clear from the email there was but one option envisioned by government officials.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    God, I hope these guys get justice.
    Hard to count on that. They are being tried in a place in which very few of the prosecutors, judges or jurors have ever worn a uniform for even a day, much begin to understand the chaos and fear that hit that circle. To many of them, these guys were simply trigger-happy mercenaries and not scared young men who were trying to make sense out of the chaos while at the same time repelling the enemy who had them under fire.

My bet is that whoever was behind that ambush was trying to cause civilian casualties that could be blamed on the "Americans," but I doubt even they would have dreamed that ten years later the criminal process would still be dragging on.

One thing is clear. The bad guys won that engagement strategically just as surely as the NVA won the Tet offensive, even though their clocks were cleaned.

Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List