Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Fave

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I checked hogue's website and I couldn't find these grips for SB k frames. If they don't make them for SB they need to.
    I was comparing the RB monogrip to the SB monogrip that I have, and if you examine the Hogue Monogrip, Jerry Miculek version, you can see the issue...

For the grips to have an identical profile, the SB version must have a relief hole made on the front strap of the grip. The grips itself are identical profile, however the front strap relief really doesn't seem to be popular among users. I'd imagine that the rubber and plastic substructure might not have the structural integrity to support the relief cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to like those grips, but I find the X frame style to handle recoil better for me. Be nice to have a blend of the two...
    Last edited by SLG; 01-20-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I really want to like those grips, but I find the X500 style to handle recoil better for me. Be nice to have a blend of the two...
    I've tried to find some of those, but I can't source them on Amazon/EBay.

Sherman,

If you want one for a RB N frame, PM me your addy and I'll send one out to you. I'd like to hear how they compare for you.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-20-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I've tried to find some of those, but I can't source them on Amazon/EBay.
    This is the only place I have found them. http://store.smith-wesson.com/webapp...layErrorView_N

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Search for the part number: 294670000

Bud's doesn't list them currently, but has in the past.

This is a good seller: http://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=147250

I had not heard of these groove-less Hogue grips. Where can I order them from?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I had not heard of these groove-less Hogue grips. Where can I order them from?
    Thanks
    Hogue directly, Amazon Prime, E-Cop on EBay.

Thanks!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Just finished a session with this on my GP. I skinnied up the left upper corner where it kinda bulges to relieve pressure against the inside of my thumb joint/tendons/nerve. I thinned the section below the hammer pin and forward to make a little more space for a CompII. A combination of razor blade, file, mini belt sander and hand sanding made the mods look just like a little normal wear spot might - essentially invisible.

Pretty happy with the results both aesthetically and functionally. Had the Hogue wood grip on it before. The NFG rubber grip is skinnier in width. The filler bridge to the back of the trigger guard is a little lower, and it actually goes all the way. The wood grip has some gaps and sharp corners there that were pinching. The width and hardness of the upper left corner were a problem. All problems solved with the rubber.

I'd buy another one if they made it in the OD/grey "ghillie green" color that they actually made rifle stocks in. Looks nothing like the FDE/OD images on the Hogue site, and looks awesome against stainless.

I'm liking the GP quite a bit overall, but am going to have to search on walking rear sight pin solutions. [Edit - Well, that searching didn't take long. ]
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 02-11-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List