Thread: RCBS Pro Chucker 5 & 7 progressive presses

RCBS Pro Chucker 5 & 7 progressive presses

Anybody look into the new RCBS Pro Chucker 7? Looks like it might be a happy medium between a 650 and 1050.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Anybody look into the new RCBS Pro Chucker 7? Looks like it might be a happy medium between a 650 and 1050.
    It seems dead in the water with regards to market penetration and promotion from the company. No swager, widely documented (and supposedly fixed now) primer slide issues. I too am interested in it, but I'm interested in the LnL AP as well. I'm happy with my 550(pry it from my cold dead hands) but I'm interested in something with more stations for rifle brass prep and also since I have the gunshot elbow and reconstructed shoulder, always on the watch for a press that requires less effort. Always watching the used marketplace and haunting LnL AP threads
    #RESIST

Video on the primer slide fix from the always excellent Ultimate Reloader site

#RESIST

When I looked into it early last year, caliber changes were ridiculously expensive. It was also near impossible to find a user base for it so not much out there for market feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    When I looked into it early last year, caliber changes were ridiculously expensive. It was also near impossible to find a user base for it so not much out there for market feedback.
    What all is involved for a caliber change besides the plate?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Video on the primer slide fix from the always excellent
    Interesting. Looks kind of like RCBS tried to improve on the Hornady LnL design, but managed to come up with some weaknesses of their own. The basic concept is very similar, and I'd expect that much like the LnL, when it's working smoothly, it works quite well, but that you really need to be sure debris isn't building up in the channel it slides in or you'll have problems.

User Tag List