Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 8 round 9mm shield magazines – Marks on the primers when feeding the round

This was my email tonight.

This is round #3 - think I was enough of a dick this time?

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is the third time I need to write to customer service regarding my 9mm shield SN !@#$%^.

Since the firearm was returned to me the last time I have fired approximately 550 rounds through it. I have noticed that when I use 8 round magazines (both with the stock magazine springs and +5% magazine springs) rounds appear to contact the bottom of the slide while feeding resulting in a mark on the primers as seen in the attached photographs. (See attached photo #1)

Today I tested it by loading it with a seven round magazine and using the slide lock lever to release the slide, cycling the gun to see if it would cause the same marks. It did on one round (See attached photo #2, single round with the silver color primer) as well.

I do not find impacts on the primers from feeding the ammunition acceptable. Additionally, I do not find having to send a gun back to the factory twice previously acceptable either; however, I have had patience with this gun.

That patience has now come to an end.

Prior to sending the firearm back I would like to speak to someone in customer service so I can fully explain to them my dissatisfaction at having invested in holsters, magazines (6 8 round magazines and approximate 7 7 round magazine) as well as Ameriglo I-dot sights and ammunition required to proof a gun that still does not seem to be in working order.

The last time this firearm went back to the factory I was told a supervisor would look at it. I would like this gun repaired fully or replaced this time.

Regardless of the choice- I would like someone in your custom shop to inspect it, sign off that it is good working order and describe in detail the inspection and test firing conducted to certify that the gun is actually usable. *

Please have someone call me at *******as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Your wishes seem entirely reasonable to me. A gun should not have to make multiple trips back to the factory, and those marks on the primers seem like a safety issue. A little bit deeper and you might be talking about out of battery slam fires. That's not a lawsuit S&W wants to deal with. If they're smart, they'll offer to replace it with a new one.

I have found that if a 9mm Shield needs to go back, there is a good chance it needs replacement rather than repair for best results.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Yeah, you'd think after the second time...

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have found that if a 9mm Shield needs to go back, there is a good chance it needs replacement rather than repair for best results.
    So, you've had your issues too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    So, you've had your issues too?
    My own issues, and watching some other Shields as well.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Any updates on your Shield issue?
    Last edited by Redhat; 02-10-2017 at 09:31 PM.

User Tag List