Thread: Slugz -n- Buck: Fiocchi Aero Slug, 8 Pellet Federal Flite Control

Slugz -n- Buck: Fiocchi Aero Slug, 8 Pellet Federal Flite Control

Thought I'd combine two questions into one thread:

Anyone tested the Fiocchi Aero slug? Looks like a competitor to the Breneeke(sp?) as the wad does not separate.

Why 8 pellet vs. 9 for the Flite Control 00 load? My guess is 8 pellet gives a bit less recoil and there is one less pellet to get lost down range.

None of the flit control patterns for shit in any benelli I shot it in. All of it does amazing through a nonchoked over bore gun like a mossberg.

I too would like data on the fiocchi

I just got a Benelli M4 that looks pretty promising with 8 pellet LE13300, but I need to wring it out some more.

I used to shoot a little Mossberg 500 and the 8 pellet was just a tad easier on the shoulder and it patterned tighter than the 9 pellet.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I just got a Benelli M4 that looks pretty promising with 8 pellet LE13300, but I need to wring it out some more.

I used to shoot a little Mossberg 500 and the 8 pellet was just a tad easier on the shoulder and it patterned tighter than the 9 pellet.
    Yeah? Out to what distance? After about 20 yards, Ranger buckshot surpassed the FC patterns by far in all of mine.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-24-2017 at 08:57 AM.

The Fiocchi Aero slug (12FLESLUG) is incredibly accurate out of my 21" 1301. I can't comment on other performance as I'm just shooting paper, but it's great for that. I'm liking the LE13300, gives me a ~8" pattern out to 25 yds. Haven't tested the Ranger buckshot though.

User Tag List