Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manning's sentence commuted.

Site Supporter
    This might be obscure but I wondered if it wasn't a slap at Hillary and the Russian leak whiners. So leaking stuff isn't such a big deal, get over it. I don't think Obama ever liked Hillary as a person. So this was an added nuance to the issue. Just a thought.

Put this into perspective a few decades ago when the country was sane and had a moral base to stand on. An angst filled kid dumps boatloads of classified information to the outside world (did NOT whistleblow shit, rather did a mass data dump because hero). He's also mentally unstable and goes so far as to try to change into a woman. He's convicted and sent to the slammer for being a whacked out traitor. The president says it's no big deal and lets him loose. Can you imagine anyone supporting a president that retarded?
    Last edited by Peally; 01-19-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

On the other hand, sex change operation, two suicide attempts, constant legal wrangling. Taxpayers are going to save a ton of money not being responsible for Manning anymore.

Put this into perspective a few decades ago when the country was sane and had a moral base to stand on. An angst filled kid dumps boatloads of classified information to the outside world (did NOT whistleblow shit, rather did a mass data dump because hero). He's also mentally unstable and goes so far as to try to change into a woman. He's convicted and sent to the slammer for being a whacked out traitor. The president says it's no big deal and lets him loose. Can you imagine anyone supporting a president that retarded?
    This might be obscure but I wondered if it wasn't a slap at Hillary and the Russian leak whiners. So leaking stuff isn't such a big deal, get over it. I don't think Obama ever liked Hillary as a person. So this was an added nuance to the issue. Just a thought.
    On the other hand, sex change operation, two suicide attempts, constant legal wrangling. Taxpayers are going to save a ton of money not being responsible for Manning anymore.
    I think we can embrace the healing power of "...and" in this instance. It's world-class turds all the way down.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I heard an interesting theory and I am inclined to believe it:

Obama did the Manning action to suck up the press coverage so less would be said about pardoning an unrepentant FALN bomber.
    3/15/2016

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    First three words "A New York lawyer" and I'm already gagging.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    If you pardon Hillary don't you announce that you think she is a criminal?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If you pardon Hillary don't you announce that you think she is a criminal?
    That one's easy "we're just protecting her from the persecution she would otherwise suffer under from the Republicans..."

Site Supporter
    I like my world view better

User Tag List