Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former internal affairs head at CBP alleges cartel members have been hired as agents

Quote Originally Posted by heyscooter View Post
    Being a former PA, I think the last 15 years of the organization has been some of the most tumultuous yet displays the absurd amount of resilience it has. The realignment under DHS, the doubling of agents in the later 2000's and the associated growing pains, the counterweight of the Obama's administration changing the pace, and PA's AUO (read: LEAP) getting cut should serve as stark reminders for those of us in Federal Law Enforcement who they think they have it rough as an organization. OBP probably has one of the oldest and most engrained traditions in FLE too, something that they were once very determined to hold onto. Now in 2017, there's a Chief that has never worked the job, the issue of hiring criminals is (back) in the news, and they could easily see another swing of the pendulum in a very short amount of time with the new administration. My guess is they will continue to weather the issues and survive.

...and there is currently a bill in Congress to dissolve the ATF and fold all of the duties and employees into the FBI and DEA. That's going to get sporty.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    The word from a young BP kid that was in some closed coursework I did last year, is that the gang problem in the organization is bad enough that they are seeing it at the academy level where they monitor the lunch period for possible friction between rival factions.
    That's ridiculous....

I lived in El Paso' when this happened. The press was brutal on the Agent that shot the teenager, for about two weeks. "He was such a good boy!"

Then after about two weeks, the El Paso PD released the kids rap sheet. He had outstanding warrants, on EPDs most wanted list. Had prior gun charges, and was a known coyote and mule. As a 13-15 year old. Yep, outstanding parenting.

The agent did El Paso a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I lived in El Paso' when this happened. The press was brutal on the Agent that shot the teenager, for about two weeks. "He was such a good boy!"

Then after about two weeks, the El Paso PD released the kids rap sheet. He had outstanding warrants, on EPDs most wanted list. Had prior gun charges, and was a known coyote and mule. As a 13-15 year old. Yep, outstanding parenting.

The agent did El Paso a favor.
    And that was buried on page 12 of section E.

Site Supporter
    The word from a young BP kid that was in some closed coursework I did last year, is that the gang problem in the organization is bad enough that they are seeing it at the academy level where they monitor the lunch period for possible friction between rival factions.
    I call BS.

CBP/USBP has the same issues as other LEA agencies which have tried mass hiring / rapid expansion. A large part of this is expediting hiring and putting applicants into academy classes before full background investigations are completed. The issues I'm aware of all come back to this.

Just like the PDs in New Orleans, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas and Washington DC they (CBP) have hired some turds.

This thread should be merger with the CBP Polygraph thread as the two issues are related.

The agency relying on a BS, Poorly designed and executed polygraphs instead or proper background investigations is a big part of the problem.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    ...and there is currently a bill in Congress to dissolve the ATF and fold all of the duties and employees into the FBI and DEA. That's going to get sporty.
    That happens every few years and the FBI always says they won't take the employees. I mean... they didn't hire them the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I call BS.

CBP/USBP has the same issues as other LEA agencies which have tried mass hiring / rapid expansion. A large part of this is expediting hiring and putting applicants into academy classes before full background investigations are completed. The issues I'm aware of all come back to this.

Just like the PDs in New Orleans, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas and Washington DC they (CBP) have hired some turds.

This thread should be merger with the CBP Polygraph thread as the two issues are related.

The agency relying on a BS, Poorly designed and executed polygraphs instead or proper background investigations is a big part of the problem.
    Sounded pretty crazy to me too but this kid did come out of that agency.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That happens every few years and the FBI always says they won't take the employees. I mean... they didn't hire them the first time.
    The FBI can say they won't take the employees, but if this is ordered in the legislation they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I believe it. The last officer I trained when I was in motors was arrested and was a Zetas Cartel member. This guy had been under investigation for 10 years prior to his arrest by the DEA and FBI. My sgt at the time called us back into the office and told me go back on the streets but my trainee stayed behind. I found out he was arrested a couple of hours later. He was sentenced to 30 years.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edla/pr...ug-and-firearm

https://www.scribd.com/doc/294293636...ice#from_embed

Sounded pretty crazy to me too but this kid did come out of that agency.
    There may have been some shitbags in his class or the classes that were there while he was there but I've never heard of anything like this...I've got a few buddies up there currently as instructors. There is only one case I'm aware of of a cartel plant getting hired, she was weeded out pretty soon after graduating. I'm sure there has been plenty that have fallen through the cracks...we're a very large agency.

ETA: Anyone who doesn't think rocks pose a deadly force response should do some reading on historical events...starting with the case involving a kid named David...
    Last edited by TCB; 01-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.

User Tag List