Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19-specific TTI basepads

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Karma are you saying the pin in the TTI extension moves too much, or the TTI mag well itself moves too much? I'm pretty sure it's the former but I just want to confirm before I hit the order button.
    Sorry I was in training all week, the pin in the TTI extension moves too much with a magwell other than the TTI one that has the cut out. I've never used the TTI 19 mag well but I've held one it looks nice that is all I can say about it and that its clear it was made to work with their base pads.

Site Supporter
    I had some +3/+4 extensions that replaced a factory +2 on my G19 carry reloads. I ditched them. On both carry mags, the follower got stuck at the bottom and wouldn't feed any round except the first one. The extensions were sold and I went to carrying a standard G17 magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Why not just buy a magpul 21 rnd mag?
    This is what I'm doing now. With what I sold my 5 TTI +3/+4 extensions for, I can buy about 8 GL9-21 Pmags. The only extensions I have now are Arredondos on my "gamer" 140mm mags and even those may be replaced with GL9-21 or ETS 22 round magazines.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 01-24-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I had some +3/+4 extensions that replaced a factory +2 on my G19 carry reloads. I ditched them. On both carry mags, the follower got stuck at the bottom and wouldn't feed any round except the first one. The extensions were sold and I went to carrying a standard G17 magazine.

This is what I'm doing now. With what I sold my 5 TTI +3/+4 extensions for, I can buy about 8 GL9-21 Pmags. The only extensions I have now are Arredondos on my "gamer" 140mm mags and even those may be replaced with GL9-21 or ETS 22 round magazines.
    Cool. I really like the Magpul 21 rnd mags. Sorta makes all extensions obsolete.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Cool. I really like the Magpul 21 rnd mags. Sorta makes all extensions obsolete.
    Agreed. For the cost of the magazines with extensions (anywhere from $55 to $65 per mag), I can buy 3 Magpul mags, throw 2 in the trash and still be on par with 1 factory Glock mag with an extension.

And on that bombshell . . . [/thread drift]

With regards to the angle of the floor plate, I see that being a big thing. Probably what caused my issues with the TTI extensions and the G19 magazines. Even the Magpul mags I'm very fond of right now have a different profile at the bottom to get them to use the same floor plate (the G19 protrudes more than the 17).

Sorry Voodoo, I missed your first post. The reason I would not switch to Magpul 21s is because they don't look like they would conceal as well. I carry my spare slightly behind my left hip, and the smooth aluminum TTI base pads let my shirt ride over the magazine without catching.The base pad on the Magpul looks like it might grab my shirt as I'm moving around. I'll pick a few up and give them a try though, I could very well be wrong.

User Tag List