Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19-specific TTI basepads

Glock 19-specific TTI basepads

I was just on Taran Tactical's website checking out their carry magwell and saw that they now offer basepads specifically for the Glock 19. I've been running their normal +3/+4 on my 17 for a while with no issues. I just picked up a functional 19 so these have me interested. Has anyone used them?

I did a search and saw that ToddG used the +3/+4 back in 2015 in his 19 and had some issues with them. I'm curious what they changed and if it fixed the issues. I have written TTI but have yet to hear back.

Has something to do with the angle of the basepad. If you look at a G17 and G19 mag side by side, the base pads are not the same angle.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

They are made for the specific angle of the 19/23 magazine as Irelander stated above me, each base plates and come with perspective springs for working in conjunctionwith 19/23 magazines.

Something to consider is that these can only be run without a mag well or Tarans mag well specifically as most other mag wells (unsure if all) will cause the pin to be pushed down that retains the base plate on.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 01-17-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Got it, thanks for the explanation. I'm going with a TTI mag well so these should work out well, once they are back in stock anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    They are made for the specific angle of the 19/23 magazine as Irelander stated above me, each base plates and come with perspective springs for working in conjunctionwith 19/23 magazines.

Something to consider is that these can only be run without a mag well or Tarans mag well specifically as most other mag wells (unsure if all) will cause the pin to be pushed down that retains the base plate on.
    Before these 19/23 specific plates, RCS had a compatibility chart that shows the Freya to be compatible with all TTI base pads, so not to assume but there should be a good chance that still stands true.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Before these 19/23 specific plates, RCS had a compatibility chart that shows the Freya to be compatible with all TTI base pads, so not to assume but there should be a good chance that still stands true.
    I have a Freya on my 19 and have played with the TTI 19 specific base pads, the pin gets pushed when seating the magazine that retains the base plate on. It does it enough to where it makes me uncomfortable and therefore not willing to use them. I think they were more concerned with fit which they do during that compatibility chart, there might be some comfortable with the amount the pin moves.

Why not just buy a magpul 21 rnd mag?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I have a Freya on my 19 and have played with the TTI 19 specific base pads, the pin gets pushed when seating the magazine that retains the base plate on. It does it enough to where it makes me uncomfortable and therefore not willing to use them. I think they were more concerned with fit which they do during that compatibility chart, there might be some comfortable with the amount the pin moves.
    I only use their basepads for competition and practice, but I get the same with the larger basepads and my G34 with Dawson Ice magwell, and the Blacklist magwell on my 17 too.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I only use their base pads for competition and practice, but I get the same with the larger base pads and my G34 with Dawson Ice mag well, and the Blacklist magwell on my 17 too.
    yep they TTI mag well has a relief circle cut where the pin goes to keep it from getting pushed. Like I said for me personally it moves to much for any serious use, I have some 17 mags with the base pads but they aren't affected.

Karma are you saying the pin in the TTI extension moves too much, or the TTI mag well itself moves too much? I'm pretty sure it's the former but I just want to confirm before I hit the order button.

User Tag List