Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Performance vs. Preference

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Here's another vote for the 26 only being more "concealable" in specific, niche carry roles. For instance, I have a G26, and I carry it at work and off work nearly all the time, in a Galco Ankle Glove. The G26 is "doable" in that role for me, the G19 wouldn't be. On the belt either IWB or OWB, the G26 makes almost no difference. I will occasionally carry the smaller pistol IWB in the heat of summer under an untucked Underarmour T-shirt where the length of the grip does impact concealment.
    I've had a Galco Ankle Glove for my 26 since the mid 90's and it's been great.

I have older Under Armour tees that work for summer carry but the newer "charged cotton" versions are a bit too stretchy / clingy and I use them under other shirts for carry purposes.
    Last edited by blues; 01-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I primarily carry a glock 19 or 26 and don't really like them for a few reasons.

1. BtF issues with the 19 took a apex extractor, h.r.e.d extractor depressor, and a new ejector even though it already had the updated one. Which makes me wonder if some of the problem is quality control of the ejector.

2. I need to modify the frame around the trigger guard or they just hurt to shoot after a couple magazines.

3. I have to break my grip to reach the mag release.

4. I find that they are very picky on where I place my finger on the trigger itself.

I still carry them because these are things I can train around or fix relatively easy. However I still try and find the next glock killer which is why I ordered a px4cc and consider getting a p30 and p30sk even though I have tried the p30 and find the grip to rounded and then some day say hell I'll just get a 1911 lw commander and call it a day. I'll probably just get killed in the streets for wasting time on other guns but at least I keep going to jiujitsu 3 times a week and try and eat healthy.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    I still carry them because these are things I can train around or fix relatively easy. However I still try and find the next glock killer which is why I ordered a px4cc and consider getting a p30 and p30sk even though I have tried the p30 and find the grip to rounded and then some day say hell I'll just get a 1911 lw commander and call it a day. I'll probably just get killed in the streets for wasting time on other guns but at least I keep going to jiujitsu 3 times a week and try and eat healthy.
    Too much tofu will get you killed in the streets. It is known.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    I am sure that the majority of us own and enjoy shooting many different types of handguns. That is certainly true for me. My only "test" for the last thirty five years is our quals at work. I "feel" quicker from the holster to the first shot with a standard .40 or 9mm Glock since they have been my constant work gun since 1989. My groups are usually tighter with a revolver or Beretta 92 compact but slower to the first shot. Once I retire, I would probably concentrate on something else beside Austrian Tupperware, most likely revolvers for EDC under LEOSA when I travel out of state. My bride can operate a DA revolver despite her disability. I should spring for a timer to know for sure what is objectively so regarding speed to the first accurate (hopefully) shot.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 02-05-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    As others have stated before ,if performance is the end objective all of us would be shooting Glock 17s or 19s.

But why do we carry guns? To protect ourselves from death or injury. Yet dying in a hail of bullets ain't nowhere near the top of things actually likely to kill a law abiding American. If performance really was the top of the goal chart, we'd sell our guns and hit the gym posthaste. Next we'd buy Volvos and take driving instruction.

Lastly we'd never eat another fast food item ever. Or touch another bottle of booze.

Which is why I'm glad to own a V8 Camaro, carry a Beretta , drink Guiness and eat Qdoba periodically. Because life's short.

Well said.

I humbly submit my experience in the presence of some really great shooters:

I started my shooting career with a Glock 17, not having any real true measure of skill ( I thought shooting the center of paper at 7 yards was the pinnacle).

Fast forward a few years, a few lengthy conversations with some very skilled shooters, a few courses with some of the big names and countless hours on this forum. I have a CZ-P07 and 2 glock 19's set up with the same holsters, sights and ammo etc.... The single action of the CZ lends itself to very tight groups, coupled with the fact that it conceals marginally better than the glock. That being said, my first shot times, Dot torture and other drills of the like are better with the Glock. Everytime I think "this is the week that I start carrying the CZ" I toss on the holster, dry fire, load up a magazine and then abandon it and get the glock out and all is right with the world. If I was shooting B8's at 25 all day I would be using the CZ exclusively, but I favor the consistent trigger pull and simplicity of the 19...
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List