Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Has Mossberg jumped the shark...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

It is important to note that the shotgun receiver MUST have left the factory as an "Other," not as a shotgun, and result in a 26" overall length, for this to be non-NFA.
    I'm really tempted to buy one of these Mossbergs, because, reasons. One of the things that is giving me pause is explaining the nuances to this to the local constabulary, if need arose.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Using this thing for actual defense seems...impractical. However buying one, filling out the paper work to stamp it and adding magpul furniture...that has serious HD potential. I like that they are selling an assembled 14" gun instead of having to cut something up or order a bunch of parts to make a 14" SBS yourself. If they made a 14" version of the 930 with a ridiculously long "birdshead" that held the recoil spring that would be a good candidate too.

As far as jumping the shark, if the zombie themed stuff, chainsaw stuff, pink camo stuff, etc etc wasn't jumping the shark I don't see how this is. It's not the best thing in it's stock configuration but it has serious potential after a tax stamp. That's more than can be said for some other things mossberg (let alone Sig, Ruger, Colt, Savage, etc) has put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it, another interesting legal factor in this configuration not being NFA is that it should not be "concealed." This is kind of like an AR15 pistol, with a wrist brace, not being fired from the shoulder, because at the instant of doing so, it could be construed to be an NFA weapon. This necessity to remain non-concealed limits the circumstances in which one could be out and about with such an "Other" weapon.

Site Supporter
    I used to want a coach gun, now I want a shockwave.

With a laser and loaded with high wall bird shot or #4's that thing will scream get out of my house or get away from my truck.

"Johnny Tyler! You madcap! Where you goin with that shotgun ?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I have to put this idea officially to bed in my head. I live in a state that doesn't allow SBS's. I'm not sure I want to be in possession of a 14" shotgun barrel, particularly since that barrel would fit another shotgun I own that was produced as a shotgun, that has a stock...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Ok. I have to put this idea officially to bed in my head. I live in a state that doesn't allow SBS's. I'm not sure I want to be in possession of a 14" shotgun barrel, particularly since that barrel would fit another shotgun I own that was produced as a shotgun, that has a stock...
    May I ask which state you live in? Are you legitimately concerned about the risk of some sort of constructive intent type charge?

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    May I ask which state you live in? Are you legitimately concerned about the risk of some sort of constructive intent type charge?
    Washington and yes. Or more properly " I am more concerned with the stakes of such a charge, when weighed against the marginal improvement over the shotgun I already have."
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 01-22-2017 at 02:08 PM.

User Tag List