Thread: Perfecta .38 Spc.

Perfecta .38 Spc.

Hi,

Bought some of this cheap at Walmart for running through my 340MP j frame. Nothing fancy, 158gr fmj. This stuff kicked like a mule and I thought I had .357 loaded. Box says it's mfg. in Italy and some google-fu says it's Fiocchi.

Anybody have any experience or input? Fell free to call me a pansy, lol! For comparison I shot some 158 gr GD .357 and 125gr Barnes .357 and while not as stout as those, it was quite hotter than the Winchester white box in 130 I had been shooting.

This load shot high in my gun with the dot cut in half vs. POA with the WWB and same sight picture for me.

Thanks for any input.

My experience with Perfecta 38 158 fmj in a 442 is that it feels like the Remington FBI load. Pretty stout.
    It chronos about 800fps out of the J.

I haven't shot their .38 but the 9mm 115 grain ball I ran in an IDPA match felt about like the Winchester PDX 124 gr HP +P I'm currently carrying.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Not surprising if it's made by Fiocchi. I always liked their stuff for match ammo. Didn't have to worry about not making power factor.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Concur that perfecta at least in 115g 9mm looks, sounds and feels exactly like Fiocci "blue box" 115 g 9mm ammo.

User Tag List