Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Federal HST - Who Issues It?

The Decatur (Georgia) County Sheriff's Office issues it in .40. CID is allowed personal weapons and I use the 124 Grain 9mm in my G19.

I have "issued" myself the Tactical version of .45 ACP 230-grain HST, bought from GT Distributors in Austin. (I have to buy my own duty ammo, within recommendations/guidelines.) I had been using the "traditional" 230-grain Hydra-Shoks since the Nineties, but with my 1911 pistols being recently promoted to "primary duty" status, felt it was time to modernize, especially with Stupid Bowl week approaching, when I will be posted for forty extra hours in the Downtown area, with hijacked trucks, driven by jihadis, a potential threat. (This is my own, personal assessment, based upon widely-publicized events in Europe, not something I was told through LE-only channels. Anything I receive through confidential channels will not be shared on-line, even after the event is over.)

I might well have bought 9mm HST, to try, too, but GT Distributors did not have any in stock at the time, so I bought some Speer G2, to see where my Glocks place it, in relation to the sights, compared to my usual 124-grain +P Gold Dots.

I am not thinking anything will be a death ray against vehicles, of course, especially handgun ammo.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-26-2017 at 11:55 AM.

So when I left Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office was issuing the Federal HST 147 gr 9mm for their guns. They are carrying anything the gen 4 17 or 19. Certain higher ranking admin could carry the gen 4 26.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm surprised to see the 147 appears to be favored.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I'm surprised to see the 147 appears to be favored.
    http://www.le.vistaoutdoor.com/downl...sertPoster.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We will when we transition to 9mm, which is now slated for this Fall Inservice.
    We also issue .45. 230 gr +p, but that is only for backup and off duty.

Site Supporter
    My agency does. 147gr 9mm. Standard pressure.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    230 Grain .45 HST standard pressure issued by Trumbull PD in Southern CT. ~80 Officers.

Supposedly we will be going to 9mm in the near future. Very excited about this.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 01-28-2017 at 07:25 AM.

I don't know if this counts but after watching one of my hopeless supervisors issue me Winchester Train and Defend (LOL) I promptly downloaded the mag and replaced the Winchesters with 124-grain HST 9mm I work as a security officer but still couldn't believe that's what they were handing out.

Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    I don't know if this counts but after watching one of my hopeless supervisors issue me Winchester Train and Defend (LOL) I promptly downloaded the mag and replaced the Winchesters with 124-grain HST 9mm I work as a security officer but still couldn't believe that's what they were handing out.
    Actually, if it's the "defend" version, that's pretty good ammo. I'm pretty sure it's just repackaged ranger bonded 147gr. That was the FBI's 9mm round until recently.

User Tag List