Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plug in for Ned's 1911 wizardry

Plug in for Ned's 1911 wizardry

Ned Christiansen is a member here but he is a humble man to post this all over the web. A link below is to one of his patented innovations that keep 1911 moving forward. This might be interesting to an appendix carry (really, any carry) 1911 crowd. These parts have been installed on my end-of-a-tunnel (insider joke) Ned's gun and there have been absolutely no issues with function, trigger feel etc. Recently in one of threads someone quoted TLG on a 1911 being possibly one of the best AIWB options. This thing only adds to this notion.

http://ltwguns.com/forum/viewtopic.p...p=67566#p67566
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I remember Ned from back in the Second Chance days. He has been working on 1911's for a long time.

That's rather brilliant. While I don't mind a series 80 trigger, adding this would seem to somewhat lessen the (potential) safety differences between series 80 and series 70 actions I would think, which, at least to me, was really the only attraction to a series 80 gun.

Ned is a genius (literally as a Mensa member) of smithy work and that FallArrest is truly ingenious.

Really cool and innovative idea.

So is EGW going to be selling these?

Site Supporter
    That's pretty badass...Ned is a heck of a gunsmith...and EGW selling these would be freaking awesome. Some of the best customer service in the biz.

Ned never ceases to amaze.

Ned is a very smart guy, very knowledgeable and innovative, and EGW makes superb parts. This is a great addition to the 1911 design, long due.

On the comment above, still does not replace the function of a passive FP safety like the S80.

Do y'all think this should include sending the gun to Ned or is it considered copacetic to order the part(s) for fitting and install wherever?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    On the comment above, still does not replace the function of a passive FP safety like the S80.
    Obviously not, but unless I'm missing something, it addresses one of the "potential" safety issues for a S70 gun that the functionality of the S80 would inherently also prevent (among other things), thus lessening the advantages of the S80 over the S70 to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Do y'all think this should include sending the gun to Ned or is it considered copacetic to order the part(s) for fitting and install wherever?
    I would think/hope the latter.

User Tag List