Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: MDT Polymer Magazine for Tikka T3X Compact .308

Persactly. You buy a Tikka because it performs so well out of the box. Otherwise get a Remington 700.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I reached out to a contact at Magpul and received this reply: "Thanks for the info. Tikka is a viable platform, which we have considered already and may end up doing something for it."

With a little modification to the magazine's catch slot, Alpha mags work in a Tikka CTR and a Sako TRG.

Trigger, in CTR w factory stock or in a chassis?

If factory, what's entailed in the mod?
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

I'll try to see if the pictures below can capture what I did. I added a slot to the back of the Alpha mag for the TRG mag catch to engage into.

Name:  IMG_1142.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1145.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  47.8 KB

In the lower photo the Alpha mag is on the bottom. You can see the rectangular slot I cut. Since the mag has a different shape by the feed lips compared to the Sako, you have to adjust the distance from the feedlips to the rectangular slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    With a little modification to the magazine's catch slot, Alpha mags work in a Tikka CTR and a Sako TRG.
    The CTR uses the TRG pattern mags, not the traditional Tikka pattern.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Yes you are correct. I think we are both saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Yes you are correct. I think we are both saying the same thing.
    Kind of. I was trying to clarify that your mod works with the Tikka CTR and a TRG rifle, not the traditional Tikka T3 magwell which is what the original post was discussing.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 05-25-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List