Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: MDT Polymer Magazine for Tikka T3X Compact .308

Site Supporter

RFI: MDT Polymer Magazine for Tikka T3X Compact .308

Gentlemen - I recently purchased a Tikka T3X Compact in .308. I have both the 3 and 5 round Tikka factory magazines which function well. It appears that higher capacity magazines for this rifle are obscenely expensive and not always available. Has anyone used the "MDT Polymer Magazine" https://mdttac.com/magazines-polymer.html? It's claimed to fit the Tikka and offers 8 round capacity in .308. From the Big Empty, ELN.

I could be wrong as I have a T3 and not a T3x, but unless the magazine design has changed between the two, I believe they mean that it will work with the T3X in the MDT Chassis, not with the factory bottom metal.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    The MDT website claims: "The .223 magazine works flawlessly with .300 Blackout. Also works well with the Tikka T3 (AICS Polymer does not work with Tikka T3)". I believe the bottom plastic on the T3 and the T3X are the same. It "should" run...

Think T3 or T3x mounted in the MDT chassis system

The MDT magazine is meant to fit an AICS pattern magwell which is nearly 1" wide. The Tikka T3 magazine width is just under .75" and the factory magwell would be close the that dimension. There is no way the MDT mag will fit in the factory magwell.

I believe they are saying the difference with the AI magazine is with the feed lips or some other geometry which would cause an issue with the MDT chassis system. I have a friend with an MDT 223 magazine and can ask him for dimensions to confirm but he uses it in the Magpul Rem 700 bottom metal which accepts AICS pattern/ 1" wide magazines, and is a snug fit.

Site Supporter
    I emailed MDT to ask if the 8 round .308 magazine will run in my T3X Compact. Stand by for their response.

Site Supporter
    MDT replied: Jan 18, 09:16 PST

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Our magazines are AICS pattern, and will not fit into your existing magazine well.

Raul Verzosa"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    MDT replied: Jan 18, 09:16 PST

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Our magazines are AICS pattern, and will not fit into your existing magazine well.

Raul Verzosa"
    Sorry dude. I agree that Tikka mags are overpriced, especially for what they are.

Magpul, are you listening?

Wyoming Shooter, maybe this will work for you....

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.p...tikka-aics-dbm

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Wyoming Shooter, maybe this will work for you....

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.p...tikka-aics-dbm
    I've seen that option. It would work. However, I hate the idea of spending $209 + gunsmithing on a $600 rifle. The search continues...

User Tag List