Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 X-Carry

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    LE price was $753.

Trigger is very nice, but not super light. I have a curved PELT on another, non-x series, 320. I am not sure yet exactly where the x series falls between stock and PELT in pull weight. Feel is very good, with occasional double click during slow dry fire. Not felt during live fire. I will be switching to flat triggers across the board soon as I don't get any trigger bite, which happens during higher round count days with the curved trigger.
    Obviously the grip is different, and a slight undercut under the trigger guard. While I know it's subjective, how do you like the ergonomics on this compared to the reg.320? They also have made a big deal of the accuracy, with the pre-tensioned trigger, (still haven't heard a good definition of what exactley that means), any difference you can tell? Although guns today are certainly more accurate than I am.

Big fan of the flat trigger, I have both the gg & the apex. I would assume the trigger is pretty much the same, not really light but pretty smooth.

Your pics look great, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Dismas316; 04-14-2017 at 08:23 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    If the overall grip profile of a gun designed to be an out-of-the box contender in Production happens to be very similar in size and shape to the current dominant gun in Production, it's for the same reason that dolphins, sharks, and ichthyosaurs are all shaped pretty much the same.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Feel- wish this grip profile were standard. It's that good.

Pre-tension: I'm pretty sure it is not the trigger, but rather the barrel lock-up. This thinks locks up tight, to the point if you ride the slide it won't go completely in battery without a tap on the slide. This follows the upper assembly, as it does the same on my other fcu. Whether it's the cause or not, the 25yd group shown is my best ever. I'm no bullseye shooter by any stretch.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Feel- wish this grip profile were standard. It's that good.

Pre-tension: I'm pretty sure it is not the trigger, but rather the barrel lock-up. This thinks locks up tight, to the point if you ride the slide it won't go completely in battery without a tap on the slide. This follows the upper assembly, as it does the same on my other fcu. Whether it's the cause or not, the 25yd group shown is my best ever. I'm no bullseye shooter by any stretch.
    Yes I meant pre-tensioned barrel, not trigger. It's good to hear the changes they are making are translating into even a better platform then the original 320.

Did some more examining- the trigger itself looks identical to the flat PELT when installed in the grip frame, but the lever arm above the pivot, which attaches to the trigger bar, is the same length as the OEM curved trigger. Trigger bar spring also looks to be the same gauge as OEM. I put the GG lighter gauge trigger bar spring in with the x-series trigger and holy smokes that feels good. As good or better that PELT and GG spring in my other FCU. I have to imagine a PELT and spring would be very, very light.

I'm thinking either the striker or sear springs, most likely striker, are not the same as the non x-series guns.

Did some more examining- the trigger itself looks identical to the flat PELT when installed in the grip frame, but the lever arm above the pivot, which attaches to the trigger bar, is the same length as the OEM curved trigger. Trigger bar spring also looks to be the same gauge as OEM.
    Yup. Per Bruce, the lockwork of the X-series guns is the same as the current 320's, just with the straight trigger.

Are the X-series pistols duty guns or are they designed more as competition guns?
    Last edited by Craw; 04-15-2017 at 09:09 AM.

The X-5 is designed specifically as a competition gun, and I would not be comfortable using it for duty. The front sight is a very thin fiber optic, and the bull barrel is fitted so tightly I'm not sure how it would tolerate the gunk that accumulates in every duty gun. In addition, it weighs a good deal more than a normal P320F due to the bull barrel, the weighted grip, and the aluminum mag well.

The X-Carry and VTAC probably could be used as duty guns, though the open slide cuts are debatably an issue for duty carry. I know a lot of people use G34/35 on duty without issue, so my fears are likely towards the paranoia end of the spectrum. With that said, I have an X-Carry pre-ordered as a potential off-duty ccw and if I were looking for a true duty gun I would likely go for the VTAC and change out the sights for something less busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Are the X-series pistols duty guns or are they designed more as competition guns?
    So...a magazine I write for is definitely focused more toward the defense side of things. At SHOT, I mentioned to my editor that I'd really like to do a review of the X-Five. He said "That's the gamer gun, right?" I was like "Well, until you stuff it down your trousers; then it's a carry gun."

This pic is getting passed around FB. It is reputed to be a factory test target (25 yards). Mulder's words were never more true for me, "I want to believe!"

Attachment 15964
    Last edited by JHC; 04-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List