Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Second gun

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How the hell...?

Thanks for the insight.
    I had this happen on the first magazine of the early Gen4 19 I bought. Saw the case and thought "how the F did I rip the rim off so clean?"

Couldn't remove slide due to case keeping slide out of battery. BIC pen saved the day.

Only time I've ever seen it.

During the FAST test at AFHF in 2010, I had a malf only to pick up the ejected mag after the drill and find the spent casing backwards in the mag. Weirdest damn thing ever. I've got a pic somewhere... I've posted it before.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    During the FAST test at AFHF in 2010, I had a malf only to pick up the ejected mag after the drill and find the spent casing backwards in the mag. Weirdest damn thing ever. I've got a pic somewhere... I've posted it before.
    Wait, are you the guy in the class with me? If so I think I remember that. Spencer Keepers and Bratch were also in that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Wait, are you the guy in the class with me? If so I think I remember that. Spencer Keepers and Bratch were also in that class.
    Yep, that was me. TR675 was in there, too.

I was also at the Magpul carbine class in OKC with you, I think?
    --Josh

A few years ago, when I was doing the tribal cop thing, we were shooting our qual course. The BIA Lt had returned from Criminal Investigations training (CITP) a few weeks before. On the 3rd round fired, his G22 went "Bang, click". Tap/rack. "Bang/click". Inspection showed both rear frame rails had broken clean off. Not something you're going to fix in the middle of a fight.

As the armorer, I contacted Glock. His weapon was in the s/n range where Glock had had a bad batch of frame rails. So was the Glock in my duty holster, and one that had been fired in an OIS a few months before. These weapons, issued by a Federal agency, had been in service for about 10 years. You just never know.

I had been a strong advocate for BUGs before, but am now much more so now.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 01-20-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Found it...
    Honestly, I'll never be 100% sure that it didn't somehow pick up that round by perfectly falling on it laying on the ground (it certainly jammed some grass in the feed lips when I tossed it down) but coinciding with the malf would be even more crazy.
    Name:  IMG_0348.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  53.7 KB
    --Josh

Found it...
    Honestly, I'll never be 100% sure that it didn't somehow pick up that round by perfectly falling on it laying on the ground (it certainly jammed some grass in the feed lips when I tossed it down) but coinciding with the malf would be even more crazy.
    Years ago I had 1911that would do that and crack the feed lips on the mags. IT had to go back to the factory and have the barrel replaced. It was definitely the wildest malfunctions I have ever had personally.

Weirdest jam I had was with my G22. For some reason I fired it in training without a mag in it. Just one in the chamber. The empty case extracted, turned 90 degrees down and embedded into the forward shelf that the trigger bar sits over. We had to pry it out with pliers. What was even more strange was that it didn't a second time. At that point glock replaced the pistol so that they could play with it.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Found it...

I see what you did there.

Name:  20130509_131006_zps942019b0.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  29.5 KB
    Last edited by David S.; 01-29-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    David S.

Slight speculation here, but are all of these backwards casing experiences in 9mm? I'm wondering if the 9mm tapered case is somewhat to blame here. Being as the base is narrower than the lips, it would lend itself to fitting in the chamber backwards. 40 and 45 are straight walled cases, so they would have to be a perfect angle to go in, which is less likely.

User Tag List