Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Instructors in Dallas Area

Looking for Instructors in Dallas Area

Hello Everyone! This is my first post and I must say that I have learned so much from reading this forum. I would like to especially thank all of the LEOs and Military members on here for their service and insight.

I am a 23 year old college student in the Dallas area. I have been shooting pistols for around 8 years and got my CHL about 2 years ago. I have taken a few private lessons before but I would like to take a formal class to become a more proficient defensive pistol shooter. I am looking for recommendations for instructors in the Dallas area.

Thank you in advance!

Site Supporter
    Come and see Dagga Boy and I...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

HiTS is highly recommended. Wayne and Darryl put on a great course.
    C Class shooter.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Daryll and Wayne at HiTS put on a top-notch class. If you're up for a bit of a drive, Paul Howe is in Nacogdoches, and he might be the best a civilian can get.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I am looking for recommendations for instructors in the Dallas area.
    Dude. Really? HITS until they run you off.

Darryl and Wayne.

I'll definitely check out HiTS. Thanks to everyone for taking a break from watching the Cowboys game to respond!

I would also give HiTS a very strong recommendation. They have the ability to properly coach a new shooter to make them very safe, yet quickly boost their skills.

And said that about beginners, I have watched them work with some truly talented and experienced folks, and help them with key insights and observations to make them even better.

Their safety brief on the Four Rules and how they works is one of those things that everyone should have.

I ll have a schedule and sign-ups up this week. Expect a Basic Pistol class (one day) Feb. 5 and a First Responder May 20-21.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-15-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Another vote for Wayne and Darryl. Top notch training, grounded in real life.

User Tag List