Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for places to live

Site Supporter
    Those are both portable careers. Utah if you like snow. Arizona if you don't.

Come to pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking at Arizona you'll get snow in the high desert and above. Prescott (pronounced Pres Kit) is growing and is very gun friendly. Flagstaff and Tucson belong in a red state. The Tucson city council is not gun friendly. I'd go north of Phoenix not south. The west side of the Phoenix area is growing rapidly. You'd have to deal with triple digit heat in the desert areas.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 01-15-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The D/FW metroplex is growing like crazy. Plenty of job opportunities, and it's not too difficult to get out in the country a ways without having an hours long drive.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Saying you live near DC but want to go more laid back and less expensive, is like saying you live on the moon and would like to move somewhere with more oxygen. Pick a direction and go that way. It'll get better.

What are your and your wife's careers/job fields?
    Well. East might not work out so well

In my mind there are only two other options than where I live now: Arizona or Texas.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Georgia - North of Atlanta

I'll also throw a recommendation in for Georgia. Steer clear of Atlanta, they're working their way towards stupidity.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    For super close there are Harper's Ferry and Charlottesville. Not too far, I'd vote for Huntsville or Chattanooga. That's assuming you are looking for a city. If you don't need a city and are ok moving further away the sky is the limit. It might help to narrow down what you can tolerate in terms of heat, cold, humidity, insects, distance to a significant airport, and distance to a city. For example through vacations etc I've figured out my wife needs to be within an hour of a decent airport and a city of at least say 90,000; and she doesn't like temps in the 90s.

Here's some objective data that you might find useful when factoring all the things that go into making such a decision.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List