Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Below the Waistband Holster Recommendations and Thoughts

Mexican carry plus usually works for anyone who doesn't want a standard iwb/aiwb holster.

Raven vanguard 2, 550 cord, done.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Short answer is that I tried and rejected bwb a long time ago. So if your dead set on it you can save time and not read the rest. LOL!

Does AIWB work for you? If so, have you considered tucking in your shirt? Many people in an office environment use one with their suit and dress shirt. I found it to be almost as fast as AIWB with a loose t-shirt. If you don't mind the civilian sloppy tucked in shirt look then it works even for t-shirts. Instead of grabbing the hem of the shirt you are grabbing the slight drape of the shirt that is concealing the pistol. I found the draw to be consistent with just a bit of training time.

When I was in Southern Arizona I used to tuck my t-shirts or shirts in and carry AIWB. A good AIWB holster that tucks the gun butt in and allows you to tuck the shirt is all that's needed. I modified one of my own holsters for this. But JMCK has one that will do the job for you. All you need to do is glue some velcro they provide on the inside of your belt.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I recently started carrying an SP2022 in a SmartCarry-type holster with a tucked in dress shirt and flat-front pants. I'm 6' and 190 lbs with love handles. It's basically invisible, but I have to position the butt of the gun just under my belt. The draw will be slow, but I can carry a compact double stack 9mm in any environment with this setup.

For me I like to consider a tucked in shirt because it allows me to wear any shirt I want (buttoned or polo) and get a quick decent draw (with in a week I had my tucked draw about .15 away from my normal draw) from a standard height AIWB holster. Some people can use AIWB but still can't swing the tucked in shirt. Just depends. Most don't consider it because they think it will be slow. Compared to stuffing the pistol below the belt, it's a world class draw. LOL.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

User Tag List