Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear (DSG) AIWB Holster - "J Frame"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yeah... Will need to sort the sizing though.
    If this will work for the slightly different cylinder of an LCR in .357, I'd buy one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    If this will work for the slightly different cylinder of an LCR in .357, I'd buy one as well.
    That's what needs figured out. Part of my hesitance has been the differing cylinders. A majority of sales aren't switched on guys, they're folks who would look up a pick of the gun and when asked .357 or .38 respond with "black."

Ideally the .22/.38/.357 would work in one holster and allow me to sell just one but I've just not spent the time digging.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Cool. So you can have one holster for RH and LH duty?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Cool. So you can have one holster for RH and LH duty?
    Effectively, yes. Still takes a tool to change it but it's not too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That's what needs figured out. Part of my hesitance has been the differing cylinders. A majority of sales aren't switched on guys, they're folks who would look up a pick of the gun and when asked .357 or .38 respond with "black."

Ideally the .22/.38/.357 would work in one holster and allow me to sell just one but I've just not spent the time digging.
    Tom,
    I don't know about the wacky calibers; but the cylinder size is the same for 38 and 357. The flutes are different, however. So you would need to block out or fill in the flutes for a universal fit.

Hey Tom,

Can that Raven claw/wing be attached to one of your existing G43 IWB/AIWB holsters?

I've got one of yours for the 43 and JFrame and I'd love a little grip tuck from a wing/claw on the 43 holster.

Obviously another holster order with a wing/claw solves this - just wondering if here is room near the trigger area of the an existing holster to attach one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. That metal clips works with sweats too.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=14998
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Dang, I think I need one of these.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Tom,
    I don't know about the wacky calibers; but the cylinder size is the same for 38 and 357. The flutes are different, however. So you would need to block out or fill in the flutes for a universal fit.
    Flutes are the issue. I wand clean and precise, the flutes make that exceedingly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Hey Tom,

Can that Raven claw/wing be attached to one of your existing G43 IWB/AIWB holsters?

I've got one of yours for the 43 and JFrame and I'd love a little grip tuck from a wing/claw on the 43 holster.

Obviously another holster order with a wing/claw solves this - just wondering if here is room near the trigger area of the an existing holster to attach one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be. It makes the holster wider and may prevent the clip from working but we can play. There's a new j-frame mold in the works that might give a little more room to add the claw with the metal clip.

Tom-

Lose the flutes. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List