Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear (DSG) AIWB Holster - "J Frame"

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Tom, PM inbound...not finding this on your site...just the Glock stuff.
    Scroll down this page...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Also, just FYI, I ran the holster Ina Cecil Birch IAJ class to ensure it would stay put when under extreme pressure. That class was what sold me on these holsters and use two of them often.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Added the basics: http://darkstargear.com/product/jframe/

These will take a little longer than usual, 3-6 weeks currently, accounting for SHOT Show and another class.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I know it's been mentioned before, but it is worth repeating. One of my favorite features of this holster is that the clip works very well on a proper belt, but also very well on board shorts and some sweatpants without a belt. The "tooth" on the clip in the second picture below bites in during a draw and keeps the holster from pulling loose. It makes it very easy to throw the gun on to run to the gas station down the street, or grab something from the grocery store for my wife without a full wardrobe change.

I know in a lot of cold climates the j frame in a pocket is a tried and true idea, but with this holster I can walk around in board shorts and a tshirt all Texas summer long.

Name:  IMG_3449.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3450.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  45.9 KB

I'm using the G43 version of this holster currently and can attest that it is truly bad ass. The clip is fantastic and far better than any other non fixed loop option I've ever used.

Can you do these AIWB with the good clip everybody likes for an LCR? I needs one.
    i used to wannabe

The holster has gotten a decent amount of carry now since it arrived, primarily around home, property and when out with the dog or traipsing down the mountain to the mailbox on the main road.

Its presence on the waist is hardly noticeable at all when affixed to a belt...in my case one of the Mastermind Tactics EDC belts. The clip keeps the holster oriented perfectly for quick presentation of the 642.

It also works fine on my sweats but I can't say I'm not aware of it. Maybe if I cinched them more snugly than I normally do. Still, no issues encountered whatsoever while wandering up and down the road and through our woods with the dog.

This has turned out to be a great option to augment pocket carry of the little J frame.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Can you do these AIWB with the good clip everybody likes for an LCR? I needs one.
    Yeah... Will need to sort the sizing though.

Question: can the metal clip be switched around to the other side of the holster for left hand use?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Question: can the metal clip be switched around to the other side of the holster for left hand use?
    Sure can.

User Tag List