Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear (DSG) AIWB Holster - "J Frame"

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Tom-

Lose the flutes. Problem solved.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Finally got around to ordering one and it arrived today. Extremely comfortable, smooth draw, retention is just about perfect. Shipping was fast also. Daughter enjoyed the candy. Thanks Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yeah... That grey one is ooooold. I'd like to swap that out as the kydex strut is less than my favorite thing. That was the best at the time but as it stands now if someone is using kydex for belt attachments they're damned close to wrong.
    Is there a tuckable clip option? Or does the standard clip have enough room to tuck some shirt in behind it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Fit and finish is typical of Tom, which is to say excellent. Retention of the gun is superb...yet the draw is smooth and fast.
    The one he built for my J-Frame was perfect, far better than everything else, and I tried a lot of holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    The one he built for my J-Frame was perfect, far better than everything else, and I tried a lot of holsters.
    Tom doesn't appear to be capable of producing a bad product. I received one of his OWB holsters for my three 9mm Glocks, as well as a sheath for the Izula this week...and as usual, they don't disappoint.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Is there a tuckable clip option? Or does the standard clip have enough room to tuck some shirt in behind it?
    The standard clip and the RCS attachments will both allow some fabric to tuck behind as they are all bottom mount attachments. I am hesitant to say they are indeed tuckable as all options leave a small visual trace.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Awesome holster Tom! Thank you for the great craftsmanship and quick turnaround time!
    Name:  BA530D25-3E1C-4843-A37D-52437449C652.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  76.6 KB

Do any of you have his old design and the new design? The old design is a little pokey after awhile.

Also, is this available for a 640 Pro? Would a 442/340 fit if it’s built for a 640?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Do any of you have his old design and the new design? The old design is a little pokey after awhile.

Also, is this available for a 640 Pro? Would a 442/340 fit if it’s built for a 640?
    I don't have the new, improved version but I have found that the addition of a small piece of neoprene wedge on the back of the holster helps in that regard. (I wear mine daily when in and around home and environs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

640 Pro is what I've got as my main J.

What area was pokey? We've only ever been told about one or two instances and have just revamped the molds to address that. If there's anything else please let me know, if we gotta scrap the current molds and do a redesign now is the time.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List