Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for firearms and defensive training? Welcome to FirearmsTrainingHub.com

Guys,

Let me know what you think of this map. It's divided up by month.

As a user, I prefer that having seeing everything on one map. Unfortunately, monthly vs. full schedule is not user selectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    PS I hope the volume of comments didn't dissuade you.
    No worries at all.

Only comment is 'for me' it would be better is the Month was both larger and more visible than 'the day of the month'. Or at least they were the same size? The Month is a bit hard to see.
    Good idea, but I don't think that's an option. I will investigate further.
    Last edited by David S.; 01-15-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Guys,

Let me know what you think of this map. It's divided up by month.

As a user, I prefer that having seeing everything on one map. Unfortunately, monthly vs. full schedule is not user selectable.

No worries at all.

Good idea, but I don't think that's an option. I will investigate further.
    Mo betta.

Is it possible in the widget to allow the user to select multiple options for a sort selection?

So for example. If you could select multiple States, that would scratch my itch for finding a 'West of the Mississippi' Intermediate Hamdgun class. Actually I admit this was the Use Case I just tried.

I really really really like this tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This monthly thing looks great. The map loads a lot faster on my stuff, and I was able to just click, click, click through the months and hit the pins each time something popped up within a day's drive of me. Honestly, I'm not sure what more I could ask for.

Cool idea, just went through your site....unfortunately for whatever reason it is completely unusable for me. I tried in chrome, firefox and IE - all are up to date - and when I click on the "all classes" it just keeps doing the yellow circle thing on each dot and doesn't stop. When I filter it starts to populate but then it doesn't stop.

When I am able to click on a mark on the map it gives me a snippet but then the links are dead.

From a user interface perspective the aesthetics really crush the usefulness of this type of database.

A text based - http://ammoseek.com/ - style would probably work a lot better and allow people to find what they want faster.

Just my opinion, and I completely understand how you may be invested in the layout since you probably spent a good amount of time working on it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

VDM,

Based on your description, it sounds like it's operating normally. Unfortunately, it is rather slow and "All Classes" is, of course, the most intensive. I just ran "All Classes" on the stopwatch, 35 seconds to load all 340 classes on my computer (Firefox & Safari on Mac). I haven't figured out if that's a hosting issue or a plugin issue, but it is annoying.

Do me a favor and check out this test page. I've isolated the classes by month, so there aren't as many to load. Let me know if that works better for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    David S.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    This is fucking cool. I need to hit a class or two this year

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hi David. I tried another platform today, same use case:

Acer Laptop, Windows 10, Mozilla Firefox.

Site rendered about the same as on the iPad Mini 2. No real problems.

I tried to use the map widget as a geographic filter i.e. "West of the Mississippi", as I am looking for training for this coming year out west.

The problem I found was the widget seems to want to auto-center (or at least auto-move the map center) as I was mousing around the widget. This is not helpful since in my case I want the map to remain and only move center if I physically grab the center with the hand-tool and move it.

I'm not sure this is something you have control over. If it was your intent to use the map widget as a type of regional or geographic filter, then this might be something you want to look at changing?

Anyways, thanks again for this tool. Looking forward to the full implementation of the date selection by month to be applied to the whole site.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    VDM,

Based on your description, it sounds like it's operating normally. Unfortunately, it is rather slow and "All Classes" is, of course, the most intensive. I just ran "All Classes" on the stopwatch, 35 seconds to load all 340 classes on my computer (Firefox & Safari on Mac). I haven't figured out if that's a hosting issue or a plugin issue, but it is annoying.

Do me a favor and check out this test page. I've isolated the classes by month, so there aren't as many to load. Let me know if that works better for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    David S.
    That's much better but it still takes a good ten seconds to load everything for me.

Edit: also the links to the websites don't load it gives me an error screen.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 01-16-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

David, this is awesome. I really appreciate the effort you put in this.

I will buy you and Mrs. S some BBQ the next time we see each other - keep up the good work!

Hi David. I tried another platform today, same use case:

Acer Laptop, Windows 10, Mozilla Firefox.

Site rendered about the same as on the iPad Mini 2. No real problems.

I tried to use the map widget as a geographic filter i.e. "West of the Mississippi", as I am looking for training for this coming year out west.

The problem I found was the widget seems to want to auto-center (or at least auto-move the map center) as I was mousing around the widget. This is not helpful since in my case I want the map to remain and only move center if I physically grab the center with the hand-tool and move it.

I'm not sure this is something you have control over. If it was your intent to use the map widget as a type of regional or geographic filter, then this might be something you want to look at changing?

Anyways, thanks again for this tool. Looking forward to the full implementation of the date selection by month to be applied to the whole site.
    Unfortunately, this auto center is a pre-set of the plugin that I don't have the ability to change. If you hover over a pin, it wants to put the unnecessary white box (with city name) in the middle of the screen. I'd like to remove that too, but I can't. I agree, it's annoying. I'll eventually ask the plugin author to address it.
    David S.

User Tag List