Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for firearms and defensive training? Welcome to FirearmsTrainingHub.com

Update.

I've had a couple trainers decide they would prefer not to be listed. Not sure why, but that's certainly their choice and I have no hard feelings. I've pulled their profiles down and if they ever change their mind, I'll reinstate them.

Added new trainers:
    Op Spec Training (Jerry Jones & Bruce Gray)
    Green Ops (mysterious guys in NoVA)
    Handgun Combatives (Dave Spaulding, travels nationally)

Awaiting permission from these guys. If they decide not to be included, their profiles will just disappear.
    Fortress Defense Consultants (Frank Sharpe Jr, serving Crete, IL and Rochester, IN)
    MDTS (Chris Fry in NYC area)
    Law Of Self Defense (Andrew Branca, travels nationally)

I currently have 25 instructors and just over 400 classes listed nationwide.

Cheers,
    Last edited by David S.; 03-01-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    David S.

Life has been pretty crazy with the introduction of twin girls . As such the website has been neglected.

In the mean time several instructors have updated their schedules and I feel like several class events magically disappeared from my site, but I can't be sure.

At any rate, there are about 70 new classes added to the website and that brings everyone up to date. I'm looking forward to added new instructor profiles soon.

Cheers,
    David S.
    David S.

My calendar is now full, if only I could afford all the training! I've also shared the site with several co-workers.

One thing I've noticed, though, speaking of my calendar, is that when I use the "Add to Calendar" links, either .ical or Googlecal, it moves the training back a day and defaults to 17:05 PM.

I've tried to find some sort of default on my computer that could cause that, with no luck, which is no surprise since, like I said, it's both .ical and Googlecal.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Thanks for sharing. I'll look into the calendar thing.
    David S.

Like I said, it could be at this end but I'm not sure where to look that I haven't already. (And the fact that both Ouchlook and Google Calendar see the same thing makes me doubt it.)
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I was downloading some training for my work "collateral" duty last night, and noticed it was doing the same thing in both calendars, so it is most likely something on my computer. (Pretty sure FEMA classes on continuity of operations do not start at 1800 and run until 0300...)
    Glenn Reynolds

It's doing the same thing on my computer. Weird. All the classes are listed as "all day" instead of proper hours.

Thanks for the heads up.
    David S.

Cool update. Analytics shows that last week we exceeded 1,000 individual users have viewed the website.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Cool update. Analytics shows that last week we exceeded 1,000 individual users have viewed the website.
    Excellent.

I would really like this to take off.

Big schedule update. 350ish classes added for 2018.

New trainers
    Citizens Defense Research
    MDFI
    KR Training
    OnSight Training
    Last edited by David S.; 12-08-2017 at 04:55 AM.
    David S.

User Tag List