Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for firearms and defensive training? Welcome to FirearmsTrainingHub.com

Looking for firearms and defensive training? Welcome to FirearmsTrainingHub.com

Introducing Firearms Training Hub

I am in the early stages of creating a new website with the hopes of consolidating firearms training information into one accessible place. One of the problems that I see in the industry is that good quality firearms training is abundant, but hard to find. There are dozens of regional and national level instructors that are worth training with. That's hundreds of classes around the country. Where do you go to find them? I intend to list and organize school info, instructor bios, class descriptions, and dates. I will link directly to the instructor’s websites for information, scheduling, and booking.

I will be focusing on open enrollment classes for armed citizens. "LEO/MIL only" classes may be sprinkled throughout depending on what the individual instructors publish on their websites. Class types will include handgun, carbine, force-on-force, medical, women only, and several others. Handgun and Carbine classes are further broken down into "basic", "fundamental" and "Intermediate/Advanced"

I’ve started with several Pistol-Forum household names, like Rangemaster, HiTS, Langdon Tactical, and ShivWorks. There are currently 340 classes by 17 instructors posted with schedules and maps posted. I am aware of another 40-50 active trainers that will be added to the website over the coming months. Additionally, I'll be looking to the hive mind and some of our SMEs to carefully expand that list even further, while excluding instructors who are unsafe or teach questionable skills and tactics.

I don't have any web-design experience, so please excuse the mess. I know it's ugly, slow and a mess on tablets and phones. In spite of that, I think everyone will find it useful.

I very much appreciate all your feedback, including what instructors you would like to see be added to the site.

With that, welcome to FirearmsTrainingHub.com

Cheers,
    David S.
    Last edited by David S.; 01-14-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    David S.

A couple formatting suggestions after viewing your site:

- Can you make classes searchable by calendar range? I often know when I have time available more so than a specific course topic, so it would be helpful to be able to check for all courses available for a calendar range. I'm willing to travel on those dates, so location is less important to me.
    - Can you list dates under each instructor's sub-page? It looks like you have course topics offered, but no easy way to find the dates those topics are offered.

Thanks
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

1st - thank you for creating that

2nd - trainers to add off the top of my head, Kyle Defoor, Ben Stoeger, Jeff Gonzalez, Paul Sharp, Larry Lindeman, Mike Seeklander, Universal Shooting Academy, not sure thats the right name but its Manny Bragg, and Shannon Smith place in Frostproof Fla. Bob Vogel. Can't think of the guy that used to be part of Alias that moonlights as a professional wrestler? (I'm dead if that ever comes gets back to him, because I want to train with him someday. Paul Howe CSAT(?), MDFI (Trek) in Michigan. All the PF trainers

I'll edit and add links when I have more time later.

3rd the "womens" training category was NOT what I thought - hoped it would be. May want to change the title for clarity to "Womens Only" training classes...
    Last edited by Cheap Shot; 01-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.

David - Do you want feedback here or via PM?

I am very interested In this concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The interface is a bit wonky right now, but found a couple classes I want to take already that I wouldn't have had any idea about otherwise. I think this is a great idea
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Needs some polishing but it could become a really great tool. My initial impressions are the map interface is kind of clunky I would rather see a searchable database. Much like you would find on a real estate site i.e. (enter city or zip code, how far you are willing to travel, type of class) Just my 2 cents keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    - Can you make classes searchable by calendar range? I often know when I have time available more so than a specific course topic, so it would be helpful to be able to check for all courses available for a calendar range. I'm willing to travel on those dates, so location is less important to me.
    I'm not sure that I can with the current software. I haven't found a plugin that supports that yet, but I hope to offer it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    - Can you list dates under each instructor's sub-page? It looks like you have course topics offered, but no easy way to find the dates those topics are offered.
    It looks a bit clunky, particularly for instructors with large schedules,so I hesitated to do it, but it can be done. I'll try it out and see how it looks.

ETA: Take a look at Mike Pannone's page and let me know if that's closer to what you have in mind.
    Last edited by David S.; 01-14-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    1st - thank you for creating that
    You're welcome.

2nd - trainers to add off the top of my head, Kyle Defoor, Ben Stoeger, Jeff Gonzalez, Paul Sharp, Larry Lindeman, Mike Seeklander, Universal Shooting Academy, not sure thats the right name but its Manny Bragg, and Shannon Smith place in Frostproof Fla. Bob Vogel. Can't think of the guy that used to be part of Alias that moonlights as a professional wrestler? (I'm dead if that ever comes gets back to him, because I want to train with him someday. Paul Howe CSAT(?), MDFI (Trek) in Michigan. All the PF trainers

I'll edit and add links when I have more time later.
    They're all on the list to be added. Don't worry about links.

3rd the "womens" training category was NOT what I thought - hoped it would be. May want to change the title for clarity to "Womens Only" training classes...
    I'll make that edit. What were you expecting/hoping for?
    Last edited by David S.; 01-14-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    David - Do you want feedback here or via PM?
    I am very interested In this concept.
    Whatever you feel is most appropriate. I have no problem with public criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    The interface is a bit wonky right now, but found a couple classes I want to take already that I wouldn't have had any idea about otherwise. I think this is a great idea
    I'm glad it's working for you. I know it's wonky and slow. I'm not sure if the slow map loading is due to my server speed or the nature of the scheduling program itself.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Needs some polishing but it could become a really great tool. My initial impressions are the map interface is kind of clunky I would rather see a searchable database. Much like you would find on a real estate site i.e. (enter city or zip code, how far you are willing to travel, type of class)
    I honestly haven't found a plugin that supports events in that way. I'm not sure if I can do it using a real estate (or similar) style plugin, but I don't think so.
    Last edited by David S.; 01-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    David S.

User Tag List