Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Kokalis

Site Supporter

RIP Peter Kokalis

KAC's Facebook page is reporting Peter Kokalis passed away this past week.

If you grew up reading gun magazines like Soldier of Fortune and Small Arms Review in the 70s, 80s and 90s you know who Peter Kokalis is.

A short Biography can be found here: https://www.cameraquest.com/combatph.htm

RIP

Saw that a bit ago. PK was a gentleman & willing to share his knowledge the handful of times I was fortunate to run into him. RIP!

Damn.

Used to spend a good amount of time with him every year at the various gun shows at the LA County Fairgrounds. He was unique and a real character, but a technical gun nerd of the highest order and I loved spending time with him. I still have every issue of Fighting Firearms on my bookshelf that always proved a great technical gun magazine is not viable. The Milt Sparks holster and magazine pouch for my first bespoke custom 1911 came from Peter and were for his custom LW Commander that was very similar to mine. I got his stuff when he switched to his preferred cross draw. Tough loss for this industry.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

If you grew up reading gun magazines like Soldier of Fortune and Small Arms Review in the 70s, 80s and 90s you know who Peter Kokalis is.

RIP
    Indeed. RIP.

Goddamnit.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

RIP.

We have a lot to live up to with each passing member of our community.

I'm very sorry to read this. Back when I toted a belt-fed, we learned a lot from reading his articles on the M-60 platform.

Rest in peace, sir.

Always appreciated his objective evaluations and critiques, which were well-written and typically free of the hyperbole and overused descriptive phrases so frequently used by other "small-arms writers".
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I first met Mr Kokalis in the late 1980's when he came to visit Dr. Fackler at the Letterman Army Institute of Research Wound Ballistic Lab; in person at that time, Mr. Kokalis displayed a keen technical knowledge and a gentlemanly demeanor. His knowledge and insight will be missed.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List