Thread: Leupold Metric Rifle Scope???

Leupold Metric Rifle Scope???

I just received a Leupold VXR 2-7 Firedot in the mail from an online retailer at a great price. I was surprised to see the the box is marked as Metric and the windage and elevation adjustments are marked as 1 click = 1 cm/100 m.

Did I get something meant for the European market?

Name:  image1 (1).jpg
Views: 980
Size:  50.7 KB

That equates to .10 mil clicks. I had Leupold's custom shop build me a scope with mil reticle and those turrets. Not European, just a different way of doing things. Your clicks will be equal to .36" at 100 yds.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Thanks! I did a quick search after my post and saw that Metric scopes are actually mil. I was surprised because the online add mentioned MOA. I wish this scope had a mil reticle now.

I say good find. MOA turrets get on my nerves.

Aside from the adjustment increments, how do you like the scope?

I bought a Leupold European scope at an attractive price several years ago. The left side of the turret is marked "Leupold European - 3 0". It is a 30mm tube, matte, 1.25-4x, with a duplex reticle. It came with Butler Creek flip-up lens caps (installed on the scope in the factory sealed box). It has capped adjustments that are marked "1CLICK=1CM/100m".

It was from an Amazon seller. Can't recall what I paid, but it was a steal. I always supposed that it was for the European market and that the Butler Creek lens caps were included due to them being harder to source.

Bottom of the turret is marked "159012V"

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Aside from the adjustment increments, how do you like the scope?

I have to buy new mounts for it since it uses a 30mm tube, so I haven't used it yet. My first impression is good. I bought it mainly to get the illuminated red dot. My existing Leupold VX III 3.5-10 uses a fine duplex. I like the new Firedot 4 reticle better because of the thicker lines and dot. Sorry I don't have more info than that. I was debating between 3x9 and 2x7 and bought the 2x7 because it was on sale. Mine came with rubber bikini covers. I may get flip up covers or a scope coat. I haven't decided yet. I currently use Butler Creek covers and they have been fine for me. The new Alumina covers look nice but are pricy.

[QUOTE=DamonL;551773]I have to buy new mounts for it since it uses a 30mm tube, so I haven't used it yet. My first impression is good. I bought it mainly to get the illuminated red dot. My existing Leupold VX III 3.5

Thank you. This seems like a perfect scope for an AR setup that is not biased towards CQB.

Just be aware that the Firedot reticles are extremely thick; like too thick to see 1/4" circles at 100 yds thick. Fine for most field use but don't trick yourself into thinking you'll be able to enjoy punching paper with it. That goes for the Firedot TMR as well.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List