Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC2

*shoots it 200 times*

*light starts flickering*

*send it off to Surefire and wait 1 month to get it back*

THEN THE XC3 COMES OUT

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    How do you guys view this as a light/laser on a home defense gun. Is it still not bright enough?
    So, I wouldn't personally view it as (dunno about the laser, just the light) a home defense or CCW PRIMARY light.

Now, I actually run them on my Glock 19's as backup lights. They are so incredibly small that there's almost no reason not to have one. But, I train with a handheld light (EB1 typically) and then this light is purely a secondary light. It has come in very handy many times as a secondary, and when they get way cheaper, I'd recommend a bulk pack of them to match your primary light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Completely concur. This serves a single limited purpose - concealed carry. HD or open/duty carry, light size isn't an issue (within limits), so why take an underpowered light with a bad switch setup?

Frankly, I was hoping, until I saw this, that the XC2 would be the same light with new, actually usable, switching.
    So no one handed constant on with the gen 2 model?

Unless he psalms found another source with details, I don't think we know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    The X300U is a better-suited light for a dedicated HD gun, but if my G19 were my carry and HD gun, I wouldn't have any issues using an XC1/XC2 for HD.

It's enough light for working inside a house or in a smaller yard.
    Ageeed. I was underwhelmed with the throw on my XC1. For a purely defensive pistol it's likely fine (unless the person lives in a very rural environment)... but for armed professionals who go looking for evil, I'm of the opinion that it's not sufficient. Of course that still doesn't address the switching short comings. I'd rather they upgraded the light rather than adding a laser.

I think people try to shoehorn the XC1 into a lot of different roles it was never designed for. It is meant as a concealed light and that is all. It was never meant to be a duty light, or to have a lot of punch or throw. It is meant to minimally impact the size of the gun and still be practical to carry, and it fits that role extremely well.

I agree with Cid, I would have liked to see them get it in the 300 lumen range, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to do that without a larger reflector.

Also it does appear there's a pretty large offset of the laser to the bore in this model.

For those of you that have the light on a glock 19. Can you activate the constant on with your trigger finger while holding the gun in just your left hand?

Site Supporter
    FourSevens is now introducing a very compact weaponlight called the WS1. Dimensions are 1.5 in. by 1 in. by 0.5 in., and output is 600 lumens. The activation switches are Bluetooth configurable. The battery is USB rechargeable.

Apparently Kydex holsters are available, but I have no details about what type of holsters or how well designed they are.

FourSevens generally produces some well-made, reliable products, and stands behind them with a good warranty. Depending on holster availability, this looks very tempting. If FourSevens adds a laser, it would be just about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    FourSevens is now introducing a very compact weaponlight called the WS1. Dimensions are 1.5 in. by 1 in. by 0.5 in., and output is 600 lumens. The activation switches are Bluetooth configurable. The battery is USB rechargeable.

Apparently Kydex holsters are available, but I have no details about what type of holsters or how well designed they are.

FourSevens generally produces some well-made, reliable products, and stands behind them with a good warranty. Depending on holster availability, this looks very tempting. If FourSevens adds a laser, it would be just about perfect.
    Thanks for sharing! Google turned up this
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

My new XC2 made it about ten rounds, in my initial zeroing session, when the red laser became intermittent. Headed back to Surefire for replacement after 21 minutes on hold to reach their CS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List