Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Once I'm sure that I'll have a house to have it shipped to and/or am not focusing on hemoraging money to fix said house should it survive, I'll be ordering the Vertx EDC Ready Pack.

re: value, the way I look at it is that I can't find another pack that does the same things for less. That means that the price is the price. The features that make it worthwhile to me are:
    1) no exposed molle. this is a total deal breaker for me. I will not buy a pack with exposed molle.
    2) water bottle pouches. First, the pouches hold 32 oz bottles. Second, they have tighteners that can also loop over the tops of the bottles.
    3) pistol compartment. This was previously a turn-off for me but recent events have me willing to tolerate the added weight and complexity to get the infrequent use of the feature since when I do want it I'll really want it. And, having that pouch means I can use it for my iPad when I'm using the...
    4) water bladder pouch and hole. Again, not likely to use this frequently but I can think of lots of use I could get out of it and I wouldn't have to buy a dedicated camelback pack.
    5) compartmentalized interior. I like that it has some pouches and pockets on the interior. Right now my bag is mostly a dumping ground in the three compartments.
    6) pass through back. Not a major deal, but I do like that it can slip over the handle on a rolling suitcase.
    7) stiffener. My current bag is very slouchy when sitting on the floor.

If I could find all of those features for less, I'd happily pay less...

One question for those that have this bag. Is t waist belt removable?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I think I'll need to get one so I stop lugging my Gamut Plus around under-filled most of the time.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Any opinions on their accessory pouches? Specifically these two

http://vertx.com/mini-organizational-pouch

http://vertx.com/tech-multi-tool-pouch

I have an edc ready pack and do like it. My opinion is that this is strictly an edc pack i.e. Great for carrying stuff you want on you everyday. It does not hold a lot of stuff as it does not stretch. The width of the pack. That is great for carrying a small amount of stuff so you don't look overloaded. But if you want yo throw some clothes in there with other stuff. No dice.

I especially like the water bottle holders as they deep. Shorter water bottle holders result in my 21 ounce hydro flask flipping out. I also like the tan interior so I can see what is in the pack. I also threw a DOJ 3A armor plate in the hidden back pocket.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 09-08-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Can you articulate what makes it worth $150?
    Perhaps Tom/Rob mentioned in their replies or as I'm sure most here already know, Vertx runs frequent site wide sales.

Labor Day it was 30% off MSRP or wait like I did & they'll offer the 40% again w/ free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I have an edc ready pack and do like it. My opinion is that this is strictly an edc pack i.e. Great for carrying stuff you want on you everyday. It does not hold a lot of stuff as it does not stretch. The width of the pack. That is great for carrying a small amount of stuff so you don't look overloaded. But if you want yo throw some clothes in there with other stuff. No dice.

I especially like the water bottle holders as they deep. Shorter water bottle holders result in my 21 ounce hydro flask flipping out. I also like the tan interior so I can see what is in the pack. I also threw a DOJ 3A armor plate in the hidden back pocket.

This dude seems to have crammed a whole ton of crap in his
    https://youtu.be/L7eXBp564H4

I'm watching the video and I kept thinking "well, he's got more in there for his 'edc' than I'd carry for 'bug out'!"

Yeah maybe I just pack heavy. He does have a lot of stuff. Most of it is pretty thin though. Notice with a full main compartment how tight the second to the main compartment is. He can barely fit a folded up nylon draw string bag in there. I'm not saying it's a bad bag, I really really like it... But for me it's small.

So... what do you guys all put in your "dad packs?"
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I just ordered the Vertx today. When it comes in I'll take some picks of what I have in it when I make the swap over.

Anyone have first hand experience with the VertX Gamut? How much bigger is it than the EDC Ready Pack?

User Tag List